Chapter 6

Back at the castle, The sun was setting and Patrick was bidding King John his goodbyes. It had been two days since his arrival and it wasn't as bad as he had assumed it would be. The king had introduced him to the persons who were new to the castle after he left and Reunited him with old Allies, but he couldn't stay there. He missed his family too much. The king had suggested that they come to the castle, live there but Patrick knew his wife, this was not their home.

"One day", he promised.

"So i will be on my way now Johnny", Patrick's voice was steady but on the inside he felt different. It had been years since he had last seen little John. John looked exactly like his father and Patrick had missed his old friend. With a sigh Patrick brought John into a tight hug.

"Take care young man, you're already doing a great job. Though I advise you, be careful who you allow close to you. These people here, evil, and I want you to keep safe okay? You need to keep safe", steadily Patrick released John as he looked at the comprehension upon his face.

"I will", John had been skeptical, there was something off about these places and he needed to figure out what, but for now he needed to listen to Patrick.

"Are you sure you don't want me to get my soldiers to follow you home?", John asked.

"Ah, no son, it's okay. I'm a strong old man", He chuckled. "I'll be fine".

And with that said and done Patrick was off. Back to his family. Back to his home. Even though he had refused the escorts, the king made sure he took a horse, food and clothing. With a grateful smile on his face Patrick softly kicked the side of the horse making him speed up.

"I'm coming home"

*******************************************

Harold was still searching. His eyes were red and his body was tired. Even his horse was hungry and tried. He had not stopped since he began his search and though it had been almost two days he had already ran out of food and water.

"Witch!!! Show yourself", he bellowed. Anger course through his voice. He whipped his horse forcing it to move faster, but it's legs buckled and it collapsed to the ground onto its side and made the commander fall alongside him.

"Ahhh!!!", the commander screamed as his head collided with a stone. His vision became blurry and he felt the trickle of blood slide down his forehead. It intensified and flowed increasingly down the side of his face.

"Commander! Commander are you okay?!"

"Oh My! What is he doing out here?!"

"Lets get him up!"

Though his vision was blurred he strained his ears to hear what they were saying and who were saying it.

"Come on sir, I don't know what you're looking for but we will help you"

And that's when it clicked, it was his fellow soldier. They came to find and assist him.

Stumbling to his feet they took him and his horse down to the lake where they had set up their camp. As they were putting him under the main tent they faintly heard him whisper a name.

"What?", said a soldier

"Witch...."

"Wait, did he just say...."

"Witch", another soldier continued and in utter shock they stared at his sleeping form.

----

Word Count: 575