CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

It was a new day, birds were chirping, the sky was bright and coloured with baby blue, decorated by small white clouds here and there. Hanna was strolling down the castle corridors, face fallen to the ground and mind consumed by her damaging thoughts. She wondered if the king would forgive her, wondered if they could finally be together now that he cannot possibly keep Isabella knowing she is supernatural, immortal and most importantly, a lie.

Feeling the need to see John, she sped up her pace. As she was about the round the turn she spotted Queen Isabella and their eyes clashed.

Anger flooded Hanna's body.

"How are you still here?!" Hanna whispered yelled, turning her nose up at the Queen. Hanna' s body was trembling with anger. Isabella should be executed or exiled for witchcraft, but instead, she was roaming the halls of this castle as if she was allowed.

"Mind how you speak to me young lady, i am your queen, whether you like it or not." Isabella radiated confidence and seemed absolutely unaffected by Hanna's rudeness.

Feeling overwhelmingly upset, Hanna tried to move away from Isabella,but instead Isabella kept blocking her path and smirked devilishly at her.

"Your jealousy will cost you, my dear. Get rid of it and Get over him. He's my husband. I'm his wife and Queen of this kingdom now. I suggest you stop acting a fool and respect us as you should!" And she began walking off leaving Hanna speechless.

"Oh and Hanna, thank you for revealing to him what i really am, did me a favour there knowing how much of a coward I was about it. You actually opened his eyes and I saw that hr genuinely loves me for who I really am. Heck, he showed it to me when we were making love while you were too busy weeping in the confines of your room. I have nothing against you, you're just a sad woman who cannot get over herself." Isabella walked away Leaving Hanna alone with her crushing thoughts.

Feeling embarrassed and angry, Hanna marched down the halls and into the king's study where he sat behind his desk with his focus in the large book in his hands.

"Why is she still here??!" She yelled. He looked up at her warily before casting his eyes back to his book.

"Not now Hanna," he said before fixing his glasses and resumed reading.

"Don't ignore me John! Why is she here?!"

John snatched his glasses off of his face and shot Hanna a look of anger.

"She is my Wife! That is your Queen, you will respect and address her as such! From this day forward you will treat her with the same respect you treat me with! Am i clear?!" He yelled.

"But my king, you cannot trust her!"

"Am i clear?!" The king asked sternly. The door to his study was pushed again and in walked Isabella. She looked gradually proud of John for defending her in the manner that he should and smiled lovingly at him. He smiled back at her and that made Hanna scowl before turning towards Isabella and giving her a partially respectful courtesy.

"Wasn't there something else you needed to tell our dear Hanna, my love?" Isabella asked playfully..

"Oh, yes." John said as he began placing his glasses back upon his face. "You are to keep what you saw yesterday to yourself. I don't want to hear a word of it from anyone, or else I'll get rid of you myself."

Hanna looked at the king in disbelief. How could he?! He had the audacity to banish her brother because of what he had become, but he wanted to silence Hanna instead of doing what it is that he must with his apparent wife?

Such a hypocritical man.

"I promise you,my king and Queen. Not a word." Hanna said through clenched teeth before turning away ready to head out the door until she caught Isabella, the Queen, giving her a knowing look. She knew that she had won and she was boastful about it. Hanna just looked down and headed out of the room.

Hanna was shocked, confused and frustrated because she had assumed that, that would be her opportunity to get rid of the queen and marry the king, the King whom she loved dearly no matter how many times he'd hurt her, but she was dead wrong.

'What would I do now?' she asked herself. The Queen had beaten her.

Heartbroken and at the brink of giving up completely, Hanna decided to leave the kingdom for good. It was unclear as to where she was going to go but she knew that she could go wherever it is that she wanted for King TJ given to her five out of his hundred ships and a few of his soldiers for protection. Thinking back to him she felt her heart pull. It was a feeling she had never gotten before. She knew that the great king of the south was falling for her and she smiled at the thought of him.

She knew where she'd go.

Gathering her things together, she set out without notifying anyone. She quietly asked the soldiers to take her to the South kingdom and respectfully, they obeyed.

It was late in the night, all creatures of the night were awake and roaming just as the people of the kingdom were fast asleep, perfect time to go. She wanted to avoid anyone knowing she was gone. She went to where the ships were docked and went on to the main one as a soldier followed suit with her baggage. As the ships moved she looked at the kingdom one last time. Tears flooded her eyes and she casted her eyes down as the ship began to sail off along with the others, away from the East Kingdom.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

WORD COUNT: 986