CHAPTER 33

One day when Hanna was strolling through the kingdom, the old woman suddenly grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her into a dark corner. Hanna was about to scream but the woman's glare had silenced her.

"You have to stop wasting time!" She growled impatiently. "Do what needs to be done at once!"

"But--"

"No buts! Did you forget? Did you forget who Isabella really was? She is made from witchcraft!" The old woman snarled.  "She'll doom this kingdom! She is not who she pretends to be" the lady manipulated. "If you do not kill her, one day she will eventually kill the king and take over the kingdom! Kill her now! She is the devil spawn!" The woman warned.

Hanna was shocked for she never thought of how dangerous the queen could really be. 

'Could it be that the queen was only being nice to me for the same reason I'm being nice to her ?' Hanna asked herself.

"The poison I had given to you is a rare poison!" She motioned to the necklace Hanna had around her neck. "This is the only thing that can kill a half dragon."

Hanna then clasped the necklace lightly in her palm,determination within her eyes. "I'll do what needs to be done... at any cost!" Hanna promised.

As the old woman smiled and walked away, Hanna grabbed the poison and held it to her chest promising her unborn child that she would never let any harm come to her.

**************************

Two days had passed and Hanna invited the queen for a walk around the kingdom in which the queen happily agreed.

As Hanna and the Queen walked along the kingdom in the corner of Hanna's eyes she saw a man hidden in the shadows. She quickly reacted without hesitation as an arrow was fired directly at the queen and in a courage attempt to save the Queen's life Hanna jumped in front of the arrow and got hit.

"Ahhhhh!!!!" The queen screamed in terror as she fell to her knees beside Hanna's limp body. The queen called out for the soldiers as tears rushed down her cheeks. 

"Hanna!" She whimpered. "Search and find the man who tried to kill me!" She ordered a few of them. "Search every corner!!"

"You two!! Help me take her to the doctor!" Isabella was trembling with anger. "NOW!"

They took Hanna to the doctor to get help as she was bleeding profusely. When the king heard the news he rushed to where Hanna was to see if she was ok  and to thank her for saving the Queen's life. Hanna's skin was pale, her shoulder where she was hit was patched up and as he stood over Hanna's bed he wept for he was the one who was supposed to keep her safe. He had failed her and her parents. For days he stood by her bedside until she woke up. He felt guilty.

He clasped her cold hands within his and said, "I am being grateful for your bravery and selflessness. You saved my wife. I will forever be in your debt. I owe my life to you."  

***********************

A few other days had past and Hanna was coming along nicely. The Queen was too afraid to see Hanna but she made sure to check up with the doctor every other hour about Hanna's health.

One morning, as the servants were tending to Hanna's needs she gruffly asked them, "where are your highnesses?" 

"The king had gone out for the special annual hunt that they do once a year, every year and the queen was still in bed resting, ma'am." Answered the servant in a small voice.

"Can I get some Rosemary tea?" Hanna asked with a smile.

"Of course my lady-" as the servant rushed out to make the tea Hanna stopped her. "As You bring my tea, can you possibly prepare the Queen's tea as well? She'd love that"