Chapter 9

Enjoy!

"Ahhhhhh!!!!!"

Hanna's blood curdling scream sounded throughout the house and with buckling feet, she fell to the floor. Almost immediately everyone rushed into the kitchen where they saw Hanna on the floor, crunched over in a fertile position, panic painted on their faces.

"Oh my poor Baby! What happened?!" Rose ran to her daughter and cupped her tear stained cheeks, while Tim and Patrick searched around.

Looking through the window, Harold asked, "What happened Hanna?"

She uncovered her bloodied hand and whimpered. "Please, don't panic. I just wanted to make lunch for you all. Since... since dad came home I thought you'd want some alone time, so while you were all sleeping...," with the help from her mom she rose to her feet. Turning towards the counter top where she had tomatoes and other greens sliced she directed her finger to them, "I wanted to make a surprised meal...," she hung her head to the ground, disappointed in herself.

"Oh honey," said Patrick. "You shouldn't have to feel disappointed, for this, this is something nice that you're doing," he motioned to the cooked chicken in the pot and sliced greens.

"Come on, let's take care of that cut while your mom and brother continue cooking okay? Such a nasty cut, take your time honey," Patrick said softly before aiding her injury.

**************************************

"......and so I rode off into the sunset coming back home to you all, my family," Patrick finished off at gazed over his children's facial expression.

The room was silent for a while, until Hanna squeaked.

"Oh Father! You lived in the palace?" Her eyes were big with excitement.

He chuckled, "yes dear, i was in charge of the army and i also looked after the Prince when the king was out on important trips, out of the kingdom"

"Wow...," Tim awed. "That's so amazing father, why didn't you tell us this before?"

"Well son....," he paused. "I don't know really...But, i knew i would have."

"Then why hold it off for so I--," Tim was abruptly cut off by his Mother.

"Okay that's enough! No more questions Children, this is no interrogation, okay?" Rose spoke up.

"Yes ma," both Tim and Rose said quietly in unison and went back to their meals.

"I bet he's dreamy...," Hanna dragged, capturing the attention of her family at the table. Her eyes were full of admiration and her lower lip was sucked in between her teeth. Folded hands tucked beneath her chin.

"Uh, Hanna?....," Tim called out. "Are You--are you drooling??"

Snapping back into reality she gasped loudly and vigorously rubbed her hand against her mouth.

"Uh, you loser!" She squeaked.

"Children!"

Looking down shamefully they sighed and apologized.

"Sorry ma"

"You know, Children, being the leader of the army, I was quite strong. I was the best fighter in the kingdom. I even thought Johnny how to fight," he said to them trying to ease the tense atmosphere.

"Oh father really? And u call him Johnny? Oh father can I too call him Johnny?" Hanna gushed while Tim faked gag. Patrick chuckled at his daughter shaking his head.

"Oh surely not, he's our king. You acknowledge him With respect, you hear me?" He tried sounding stern.

"Wait! Does that mean I'll see him? Oh father does it?? Does it???" Hanna squealed.

Patrick slapped his palm against his forehead and sighed while Tim started choking on his laughter.

"What are you laughing at?" Hanna pouted and Tim shook his head, still laughing.

"Oh nothing."

Rose stood up, trying to change the topic she said unto Hanna.

"C'mon dear, let's get these dishes into the sink. It's later and we all need rest. Especially your father."

"--bu--but mama," Hanna whined.

Rose looked at Hanna strictly, "Hanna Evageline Mc Carthy! Stop being a child and come help me do the chores. Now!"

Frowning deeply, Hanna obeyed. Sulking deeply she walked towards the sink and began washing.

Chuckling Tim patted his father back when he saw that his father was already departing for bed.

Turning around to look at his son Patrick answered, "yes son?"

"Dad, uh... can u teach me? To fight I mean? I've seen you and you're really really good. Please, teach me?" He asked desperately.

Patrick smiled before he continued walking towards his room. Sighing Tim began walking to his own room until he was caught mid-step by the sound of his father's voice.

"Be ready at six am tomorrow, son," is all he said before entering his room leaving Tim at his own bedroom door with a wide smile upon his face.

"Tomorrow it is...."

........................................

Word Count: 781