CHAPTER 30

Hanna went to rest because she knew that it would be a long journey to the south Kingdom and staying up and over thinking was not her plan. She went to the lower deck of the ship where the bedroom was situated and flopped onto the bed tired. She didn't inch to change out of her dress but as the tight material itched her skin, she had no other choice but to change out of it. As she got up and off of the bed she saw a shadow in the corner of her eyes. She quickly turned to the spot she saw the shadow but when she faced it, she saw nothing. She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned. The atmosphere was not the way it was before. It was now gloomy.

Hanna shook her head, maybe she was just over thinking again. As she turned around her heart fell out of her chest, (figuratively). Her hands grew clammy along with the skin that covered her body.

She could've sworn that she felt a presence. Even when she turned around she felt it behind her. She hurriedly stepped out of her dress and shuffled on her cotton nightgown. Feeling much more comfortable she went back to bed and immediately drifted off to sleep.

As Hanna slept, a sudden cold surged throughout her body and she bolted up in fright. Her body felt as if she was forced under ice cold water for a few minutes, partially numb, but she was sweating profusely as if she was locked up within a human sized oven.

"Goodness!" She screeched. "Why do you keep doing that?! And where do you even come from??" Hanna yelped.

It was the old woman.

'How could she have known where I was? And how did she come onto the ship without anyone knowing?' Hanna wondered. That's when it hit her. This woman was never who she pretended to be.

"Shhh..." She heard the woman say but she didn't see the mouth of the old lady move. Hanna silently sat up on the bed.

"What do you want?" Hanna asked warily.

"You must go back!" The woman said to her and Hanna scrunched her face in disgust.

"I'm never setting my feet back on that kingdom again!" Hanna looked away.

"Child! Listen to me. You must go back, everything is finally falling into place. Destiny is being fulfilled."

Hanna had already given up on her so-called destiny for good and was more concerned about how the old woman got on the ship. Something just was not right about this woman. Her suspicion grew as the woman grew more and more excited about this so called 'destiny', so she ran up to the deck of the ship to gather her men to arrest the old woman but when she got there all could not see a single person on board, in fact, she could not even tell where she was or how she got there.

The old woman suddenly came out of nowhere and scared Hanna, she ran back to the ledge of the ship.

"Stay back!" Ignoring her, the old woman sped walked towards her before she could do anything preposterous, grabbed her by hand and pulled her away. She wrapped one hand right above Hanna's chest and used the other one to hold her forehead.

"Calm down!" She commanded and Hanna's body slumped in her arms. Her pores rose and body grew warmer.

Everything went blank for Hanna. Inwardly she was freaking out but that was until the woman demanded her to relax. As soon as she did she felt something pierce behind her eyelids and then she saw herself.

She was sitting upon a mighty throne, an army of thousands of men gathered around her and it was unlike anything she had ever seen. Her crown rested upon her head and within her right hand she held a golden staff with a big red Crystal like ball as it's head.

That image dissolved as another one came alive behind her eyes. A land that held richness as everything else flourished beneath the golden sun. All of which she ruled over.

Then the woman took her hand off of Hanna's head. Hanna felt dizzy as she stood upright.

"That is only some of what would happen if you fulfill your destiny." And now, Hanna was reconsidering.

"All you need to do is kill the Queen." And then she changed her mind again.

"Oh no,no, no I-"

"It's the only way."

"I'm not a killer, I can't-"

"Listen to me-"

"I'm no killer! I Will not kill her, no matter how in love I am with John. I'm not killing someone. What shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul?" Hanna was brought up in the Christian way and though she was no saint, she knew better.

"You are no longer with choice, child" the old woman said grimly.

"What does that mean?" Hanna asked in confusion.

"You are with child, Hanna."

*************************

WORD COUNT: 838