CHAPTER 28

One morning, approximately two days after, while the King and Queen were having breakfast Hanna ran to the balcony as if she had just seen a ghost and called out to the Queen to show her something.

"My Queen!" She yelled. "Come! Come quickly my queen."

Isabella rolled her eyes at Hanna. She knew Hanna was trying something but she just did not know what. So to amuse herself she went to Hanna who was as white as snow on the balcony. A slight worry etched her face as she saw Hanna's face. 

"What is it?!" Isabelle ran to the railing of the balcony and peeked over wanting to take sight of what made Hanna pale.

Curiosity got the best of her, so she decided to peer over the balcony rail to see whatever it was that made Hanna look so Pale, but to her dismay she saw nothing.

"Hanna there's nothing here," Isabella furrowed her brows, but Hanna on the other hand still tried convincing her to look better. 

"You don't see?! Oh gracious... John! Come see this!!" She called out to King John.

"Why must you call my husband?" Isabella asked, her suspicion growing.

"If you cannot see, surely he can." Hanna said friendly and Isabella turned away to search for whatever it was that Hanna was trying to show them.

"John, oh John you must see this! I do not understand why Queen Isabella cannot see! But look," she said to him as he came closer to where they both stood on the balcony. His curiosity got the best of him as well, and as he neared them, right when he came past the door an unbelievable, heart wrenching thing occurred. 

Hanna pushed Isabella off of the balcony. Isabella was shocked at the bold move Hanna had made and screeched at the unexpected trap.

"Oh my GOD!! WHY- OH GOD!!" he yelled.

He ran to the spot Isabella was standing in before she was pushed and peered over the rail trying to spot the Queen. It was highly impossible for her to survive a fall from such heights. 

His heart felt as if it was being squeezed tightly, his skin was layered with sweat and his body felt cold.

Oh no, he wasn't feeling such terrible feelings because he saw Isabella lying lifeless on the ground far below. As a matter of fact, Isabella was nowhere to be seen.

But do you know what was? The great white dragon before him. It's wings were so large, blue eyes held so much rage, it seemed so familiar to King John and he tilted his head in wonder. The dragon's eyes were on Hanna. It puffed out a small amount of fire and the sight made fear surge throughout the Kings body.

John grabbed Hanna and ran back within the castle in order to get her to safety without a second thought, but Hanna was neither afraid or shocked at the sight of the dragon, for she knew it wasn't just a beast but it was indeed the queen herself.

The great dragon flew up unto the balcony and slowly, without pain transformed back into the Queens human figure. John, seeing everything with his own eyes was beyond shocked. A surge of different emotions flowed as he just gazed at Isabella with his mouth agape.

Thunderous footsteps pounding outside of the room they were in and without permission an army burst through the door and aimed their weapons at the balcony where Queen Isabella later curled up on the floor.

"No!" King John bolted up and went in front of his wife. "What are you doing?!" He barked.

"I- we are so very sorry my lord. We saw-" the leader of the small army brought his hand to his head and scratched the side of it with a confused look on his face before quickly lowering his head. "We heard screams- we thought something happened- I- we are sorry," and with that they bowed and scurried out of the room.