CHAPTER 32

Hanna went back to her room to think of how best to use the poison in a way of getting rid of the queen, a smart way of doing it without anyone assuming that she was the suspect. She needed to get it all done fast so in time, she'll eventually become the next queen and fulfill her destiny.

She kicked off her shoe and shimmied out of her dress she had worn to go see the king before flopping onto her large peach coloured , duvet layered bed.

So many ways to kill, fewer ways to be unsuspected. She thought.

Multiple strategies ran through her mind and then she fell off the bed squealing!

"I've got it!" She jumped to her feet and shot her right hand into the air. "Bloody hell! I've got it" she whispered in shock. "The oldest trick in the book!" She murmured excitedly to herself.

******************************

It had been a few hours since this sinister idea had bloomed into the mind of Hanna. A few hours and planning, and within those few hours she did not realise how big of a flaw she missed!

Even if she did get through with the plan, she'd be the very first suspect! Everyone knew she hated the Queen.

EVERYONE.

She thought long and hard of how best to do it , and finally after many frustrating pulls to her hair she had got it! The perfect plan. A perfect plan she'd commence tomorrow.

*****************************

*THE NEXT DAY*

"My King, My Queen!" Hanna scarfed down the hallway to catch up with the royalties. It was early within the morning, birds were happily chirping and the sun was warm.

"Oh Hanna, I-" the king stuttered. Bewildered at her eagerness.

"Oh dear, slow down before you f--"

A loud thud echoed through the silent hall. Queen Isabella's hands flew to her mouth as Hanna tripped over her dress and uncontrollably tumbled to the ground.

"Hanna!" Queen Isabella shot to assist her. While King John used his fist to stifle his laughter.

"John! Stop that right now!" Isabella glared.

"Oh my goodness, that woke me right up," Hanna grumbled.

"Take your time! What are you so eager about anyway?" Asked Isabella. Hanna's expression morphed into complete seriousness that made John sober up from his laughter. Isabella furrowed her brows as she scooted back to John's side. Seeing this made Hanna's blood boil, but of course, she did not show it.

"Have You not heard?" Hanna's acting was Grammy worthy.

"Heard what?" John asked.

"There are many person's, maids especially who are scorned at... Well at the woman you've chosen as your queen," she sputtered in disbelief.

Queen Isabella rose a brow. "Are you sure those persons aren't you?"

Hanna scoffed. "I would've never told you if it was me." Queen Isabella squinted her eyes at Hanna.

"Okay, I was a little in love with, well with King John." Hanna motioned her hand to John. "But that was only because he was honestly all I had. My parents died to protect him and my brother... Well my brother left," this time Hanna was genuinely sad. Isabella felt sympathetic for her and rested her hand on Hanna's shoulder, the comfort made Hanna smile genuinely but she remembered her plan.