CHAPTER 36

The sun was setting and both Jacob and TJ were weary, finally they came upon a house where she was said to be but the path was treacherous and destructive so they chose to fly over together, unfortunately, when they tried their efforts were to put to loss.

"Why can't we fly father?! TJ struggled.

"It seems as if the clever witch placed a spell to prevent us to."

"This is the only path isn't it?" TJ asked.

"Unfortunately, but it's a clear sign that she still resides here. Let's go, be careful."

They were both hurrying through the pathways leading to the house and tried to avoid all traps and other destructive objects.

Finally they made it pass all the traps and arrived at the witches house.

"This is it, we just have to-"

The sounds of monster made both Jacob and TJ pause.

"Wait," Jacob whispered.

A rustle from a nearby bush caught their attention.  The first thing they saw  emerging from it was a scale covered hand, that had long, nasty brown colored claws.

"What in the-""

"No. Don't move at all" Jacob warned his son.

"Should have know it would not have been so easy, sneaky witch and her old tricks." Jacob curse in a whisper.
The creature made an unsatisfied growl and that was enough to shut Jacob right up once more. It crawled out further onto and it looked to be around six feet long. It was covered in scales and was a shade of green. It's long, slimy tongue flickered out and hit the ground beneath it loudly and they could have done was sit there still.

"No." Jacob saw as TJ made a move to turn.

Why do you believe standing here keeping still would do? How long do you expect us to stay like this?" TJ was growing a bit angry.

"We do not know-" it growled. "We do not know what this creature is or how much they are. We have no idea what they are capable of," Jacob tried to make sense of but TJ scoff.

He, without warning, transformed into his supernatural side and instinctively the reptile creature rushed up and on to his hind legs.

TJ blew fire unto the creature and it yelped and roared in agony before, surprisingly and quickly melting away into ashes and diminishing into the wind.

"See, way better." TJ gloated but his smile was quickly wiped away from his face as he heard and saw more of the similar creature emerging from the tall grass that surrounded them.

Grumbling profanities under their breathes they went into complete defense mode and slaughtered every one of the creatures that came left and right attacking them. It seemed to be that those creatures were not as intimidating as they seemed to be. Their weakness was fire and that why they reacted that way and tried to run.

Jacob walked up to the witches castle and with a loud roar he blew fire furiously at it in an attempt to burn it down, but of course, it was protected by strong magic.

"Magic here, Magic there! How annoying!" TJ grumbled In annoyance before  transforming back into his human form. He used his hands lazy and turned the lock and surprise surprise!

It opened.

Jacob shook his head and grumble to himself. TJ walked in first and checked every crook and cranny for signs of threat but found none. As he motioned for his father to come in, Jacob exhaled loudly before moving forward, unfortunately, the same speed he was about the pass the threshold was the same speed he was pushed back.