chapter seventy-six ▬▬▬ to be challenged

━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD IN the hallway next to the living room, watching her daughter as she and Renesmee communicated with Garrett

      ━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD IN the hallway next to the living room, watching her daughter as she and Renesmee communicated with Garrett. The brunette wasn't sure how to feel about Garrett but she allowed him because he knew Carlisle. Some of the vampires that had been welcomed into the Cullen household still mostly drank human blood.

Ellie stood next to Jacob while Bella leaned against the wall. "Lotta red eyes around here." Jacob said, looking at the other vampires.

"They agreed not to hunt in the area." Bella replied.

"Let's hope they keep to their word." Ellie added.

"But they'll feed somewhere."

Ellie looked at Edward as he looked at her. A smile soon made its way to her pink lips as she walked away from Bella and Jacob and moved over to Seth.

"Can you stay with Gwendie, please?" Ellie asked, looking at Seth.

"Yeah." Seth simply replied, sending her a nod.

She thanked him and walked away heading down the steps, soon Bella and Edward were following behind them. Ellie smiled even brighter as she placed her eyes on Carlisle. He walked to the front of the car, as the three came to a stop.

"How many came?" Carlisle asked them.

"Eighteen. You have some good friends." Edward told him.

Ellie walked over to Carlisle and pulled him into a tight hug from the side. Esme and Jamie stood near Bella.

"And Alice?" Esme went on to ask. Bella shook her head and Esme pulled her into a hug.

"We'll all be on Aro's list now. Centuries on the run. That's what you've brought me. Some friend, Carlisle." Alistair said, looking at the group of vampires.

"Alistair, come meet everyone." Carlisle replied, waving him over.

"I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi."

"It won't come to a fight."

"I'll be in the attic."

The red-eyed vampire jumped off the ground walking to the edge of the roof. Ellie lifted her eyes, staring at the vampire as he stared at them. Ellie looked at Carlisle as he looked at her.

"He's not a people person." Esme announced, she grabbed a hold of Jamie's hand and the two walked up the steps. Soon Edward and Bella left, leaving Carlisle and Ellie alone. The brunette turned and stared at her mate.

"Our daughter has found her gifts." Ellie said with a smile on her lips.

"Gifts?" Carlisle questioned, tilting his head slightly.

"Yes it appears that Gwendie had two gifts. I don't know the extent of the one. It's sort of like Nessie's but a little different. You remember what I looked like during the pregnancy and what Bella looked like during hers?"