chapter sixty-nine ▬▬▬ stranger things happen every day

━━━━━ JACOB PULLED INTO Charlie's driveway

      ━━━━━ JACOB PULLED INTO Charlie's driveway. Ellie climbed off the bike as Jacob pulled his keys out. The brunette turned and stared at the house she had practically grown up in. It felt like forever since she had been here, and the truth was she missed it.

It was her home, and she was glad to be back. Jacob walked over to Ellie tapping her on the shoulder. Ellie took her eyes off the house looking at the wolf.

"You ready?" Jacob questioned her.

"As I'll ever be." Ellie replied, with a slight smile.

Jacob proceeded to walk past her heading towards the back where he knew Charlie would be. Of course Ellie followed behind him and with her hands she sent her magic towards Charlie changing his mind before they even got to him.

The two walked down the hill Jacob was still leading, Charlie was chopping wood clearly getting ready for the winter. He lifted the axe in the air and brought it down onto the wood causing it to split in half. He went to pull the axe out of the wood, but turned slightly to see Jacob and Ellie walking towards him.

"Hey." Charlie called out. "You heard anything?" Ellie decided to stay back until Jacob shared the information that Charlie needed to hear.

"Charlie, Bella is... Uh..." Jacob went on to explain, not really sure what to tell him. Ellie lowered her head in disappointment.

"No, she's not."

"No, no, no, I mean, she's fine. She's back home and she's feeling better."

"Why didn't you say so? That's great." Charlie said, patting Jacob's shoulder, soon proceeding to walk towards Ellie who was still slightly on the hill.

"Wait." Jacob called out, causing him to stop and look back at Jacob. "There's something you need to see first."

"I need to see Bella." He turned back around trying to head up the hill.

"Look, in order for Bella to get better, she had to change."

"What do you mean, 'change'?"

"Here goes nothing."

Jacob started to take off his clothes which resulted in Ellie turning to look away mostly because she didn't need or want to see that.

"What the hell are you doing?" Charlie asked him, as Jacob threw his jacket to the grass.

"You don't live in the world you think you do." Jacob replied, taking his shirts off.

"Jacob, put your clothes on."

"Now, this may seem strange. Really strange. But stranger things happen every day. Trust me." Ellie looked back watching as steam came off of Jacob and soon enough he shifted into his wolf form.

"Holy shit!" Charlie said, falling to the ground terrified.

Jacob moved towards Charlie, whining and lowering himself down to the ground showing him that he wouldn't hurt him. Ellie proceeded to walk over to Jacob petting his head to show that Jacob really wouldn't do anything.