chapter nine ▬▬▬ a vampire

━━━━━ ELLIE TURNED ON her back as a small amount of morning light appeared in her room, she knew it wouldn't be there for long but she didn't care

      ━━━━━ ELLIE TURNED ON her back as a small amount of morning light appeared in her room, she knew it wouldn't be there for long but she didn't care. Lifting her head she looked at the clock to see the time.

Groaning, she stood up from the bed and began to change into work clothes. Her mind began to drift towards the night before with Carlisle. She had so many questions and she had to ask him. Walking over to her phone she grabbed it, moving over to her night table she opened the drawer.

Pulling out the card with Carlisle's number on it she dialed his number. She began panicking and was unsure as to what she was going to say to Carlisle. Finally his voice picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" Carlisle questioned from the other end.

"Hey, Carlisle, it's Ellie." Ellie spoke, still pacing around the room.

"What can I do for you?" He asked her unsure of why she had been calling in the first place.

"Could you stop by the book store today. I want to ask you something but not over the phone." Ellie responded, looking down at her feet.

"Yes, I'll be there around 1ish."

A car horn went off outside, getting distracted she looked out the window to see Sam and Emily waiting for her.

"Great. I have to get to work, I'll see you then." Ellie said with a small smile on her face, knowing that she was going to get the answers she needed.

Alright, goodbye." Carlisle said getting ready to hang up on the other end.

"Bye." Ellie replied, ending the call.

Moving over she slipped her feet into her boats grabbing her bag, and heading over to the front door. Waving a goodbye at Charlie and Bella she closed the door. Running over to the car getting into the back.

"Hey guys." Ellie said, buckling herself up.

"Hey." Sam and Emily replied back.

"You guys aren't staying to help today, are you?" Ellie asked.

"No." Emily said, looking back at her.

"We have to go pick up my cousin from the airport, he's still learning to control himself around people." Sam explained to her.

"So he's a wolf too?" Ellie asked him.

"He is." Sam said, looking at the road.

"When can I meet him?" Ellie asked.

"How about we come pick you up when he's ready to meet you." Emily said.

"Alright, I just don't want a repeat of what happened last time." The brunette said looking over at Sam.

"You know I'm sorry about that right?" Sam asked her.

"Yeah, I know. But sometimes it still hurts." Ellie told him as she did she rubbed her right leg back and forth, a slight pain rushing through.

"We're here." Sam said, pulling the girl out of her thoughts. She looked up to see her book store.

"Thanks guys. I'll see you in a few days I guess." Ellie said, opening the door exiting out of the car.

Walking over to the front door she grabbed her keys and unlocked it pushing through. Switching the sign to open, proceeding to the back where her office was. Placing her bag and keys on the table she grabbed some paper work along with a pen and a book and walked out of the room.

Placing her things on the counter, moving to the ground she began unboxing new books that had arrived earlier in the week. As she unpacked the new books customers came in here and there finding what they wanted and paying for it.

It was getting close to one when Ellie had received a phone call from Carlisle telling her that he would be there until later. Every few minutes Carlisle would somehow make her way into her mind and she wasn't sure why.

The ringing of the front doorbell at the top brought Ellie out of her thoughts, looking up she saw Bella coming closer to her.

"Hey." Bella said walking behind the counter and sitting in the chair next to Ellie.

"Hey." Ellie replied looking back down at the papers.

"Have you talked to Carlisle yet?" Bella asked her.

"No, he should be here soon, he got held up at work." Ellie said, grabbing all the papers, putting them in order.

"Have you talked to Edward?" Ellie proceeded to ask the brunette.

"I did and I was right." Bella replied back.

Ellie nodded her head in response. "So, I'm basically falling in love with a vampire?" She asked even though the question was intended for herself.

"Yup, but I'm in the same boat as you El." Bella said as the doorbell rang. The two girls looked up seeing Carlisle at the front.

"Bella, will you take over until closing?" Ellie asked her, climbing off the chair.

Bella nodded her head moving over to Ellie's chair. Ellie directed Carlisle to her office where she could close the door. After closing the door Ellie walked over to her table, leaning on it looking at Carlisle as he waited for her to talk.

"What did you want to talk about?" Carlisle asked her.

"I want the truth." Ellie stated, staring him down intently.