chapter sixty-seven ▬▬▬ complete

━━━━━ ELLIE HAD LEFT Carlisle's side, she went back to his bedroom where the bed laid

━━━━━ ELLIE HAD LEFT Carlisle's side, she went back to his bedroom where the bed laid. It was mostly there so Gwendolyn could have a place to sleep. Astrid and Max were in the room with her as she held onto her daughter.

"So you're not mad about Seth imprinting on Gwendolyn?" Astrid questioned her.

The brunette looked up from her daughter, placing her eyes on her friend. "Oh, no. I know that there isn't much of a choice when it comes to imprinting. Had it been Max, I would have been livid." Ellie explained, soon sending Max a smile.

"Well, then I'm glad I didn't imprint on her." Max replied, smirking back at Ellie. Ellie turned her head towards the door upon hearing some commotion coming from outside.

"What is it?" Astrid asked her.

"I think it's Bella. Can you guys watch Gwendolyn?" Ellie asked, looking back at them.

"Yeah, of course." Max said.

Ellie picked herself from the bed while Astrid moved over to her daughter. She quickly moved down the steps, watching Bella pull Jacob out of the house by his neck. She caught up with them grabbing a hold of Carlisle's hand.

"You imprinted on my daughter?" Bella questioned, clearly angry.

Ellie placed her eyes on Jamie who briefly looked back at her. He was behind Esme, who watched Bella throw Jacob to the ground. Everyone else ─ minus Rosalie ─ had stepped out onto the porch watching Bella yell.

"It wasn't my choice." Jacob told her.

"She's a baby!"

"It's not like that! You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

"I'm still debating it." Edward told them.

"I've held her once! One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine."

Bella proceeded to throw a punch causing Jacob to fall towards the dirt. "That is the reaction I would've had." Ellie mentioned, Edward chuckled just a little.

Seconds later Seth and Leah came to the front of the house in their wolf form. The two were growling, Seth briefly looked over at Carlisle and Ellie who had their eyes on Jacob and Bella.

"It's fine, Leah." Jacob told the wolf.

"You're gonna stay away from her."

"You know I can't do that."

Bella proceeded to punch Jacob again, sending him back near a tree. Ellie knew that the newborn vampire was already taking it too far. She stepped forward slightly ready to stop her adoptive sister if need be.

"Stop her, Edward." Esme said, cutting in.

"He said it's fine." Edward simply replied, looking back at Esme then placing his eyes back on Bella. "She's amazing, right?"

Seth and Leah came over to Jacob as he picked himself up from the moss. "Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me 3 days ago? That's gone now, right?" Jacob continued to ask her.

"Long gone."

"Because it was her. From the beginning it was Nessie who wanted me there."

"Oh there it is." Ellie breathed out causing Edward to smirk at her comment.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?"

Bella went to go towards Jacob however Seth interjected which resulted in him being thrown into a tree by Bella. Ellie immediately ran to his aid, leaving the other's behind. She made it there just as Jacob and Leah came over to them.

"Seth, are you okay?" Jacob asked, while Ellie kneeled down next to him. Carlisle also walked forward, not liking what had just happened to the young wolf.

"Seth, I'm sorry." Bella apologized, while Ellie looked over at her.

"He'll be all right." Ellie watched Seth pick himself up as his sister came over to him checking to make sure he was okay.

"Bella, you know me better than anyone. All I want is for Ness... Renesmee to be safe. Happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You. Me. Any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason."

Things had since calmed down, Ellie and Carlisle had spent a lot of time with their daughter, nothing but smiles on their faces as they watched her. Seth had even come in to watch over her and make sure she was okay. After everything was said and done, Ellie had left with Carlisle, Jamie and Esme, as well as Alice, Jasper and Emmett.

Ellie knew that she would eventually have to confront Jamie and tell him that she knew the truth about who he was. But for now she would enjoy the birthday celebration of Bella, while Ellie was drastically different from Bella she made sure to include some of Bella's taste when putting the little house together.

They made it back to the main house where everyone else was. Ellie was holding onto Carlisle's hand tightly, as they laughed at something Emmett had said. Jamie and Esme also laughed along with them. Meanwhile Alice and Jasper jumped down from the trees and landed a bit ahead of them.

The two proceeded to kiss each other. Ellie looked over at Carlisle as he looked at her with a bright smile on his face. Alice pushed through the doors, everyone following behind them. Ellie came up next to Alice, a smile still dancing on her lips as she looked at her adoptive sister. They came to a stop as Bella looked at them a little confused.

"Happy birthday." Alice said, leaning forward slightly.

"I stopped aging three days ago." Bella reminded them.

"Well, we're celebrating anyway. So suck it up."

Alice held the key out to Bella who took it from her hands still confused as to what was happening. Ellie and Alice walked with Bella and Edward to Bella's new surprise. Ellie knew that Bella would love her surprise.

The hoots of owls could be heard, at the same time as other creatures echoed through the night. Ellie walked next to Alice, who was next to Bella.

"I still hate surprises. That hasn't changed."

"You'll love this one." Alice said as she and Ellie walked past the couple.

Soon enough they were getting close to the surprise. Alice walked back over to Bella placing her hands over her eyes to cover them from seeing anything. They came to a stop and Alice removed her hands from Bella's eyes so she could take a look.

"Welcome home!" Alice said, the enthusiasm caking her voice. "We thought you guys might like a place of your own."

"What do you think?" Edward asked his wife.

"I think it's perfect." Bella acknowledged, pure bliss resting on her face.

"Go inside." The two walked forward heading towards their new home. "Have fun."

Ellie looked over at Alice, a smile clear on her face. The two connected arms and turned around walking back to the house but taking their time.

"This feels amazing, I feel complete Alice. And I haven't felt that way since my parents passed." Ellie said, causing the vampire to look over at the newborn. Even though she felt this way she still felt something was coming.

"Good, I'm glad. I'm really happy that you feel that way El. Next up will be your wedding!" She replied with more enthusiasm.

"Carlisle still has to propose first."

"I can still start planning your wedding though."

"That you can."