chapter forty-seven ▬▬▬ give me a chance

━━━━━ ELLIE WOKE UP looking around her, Carlisle looked up from the book he had been reading

      ━━━━━ ELLIE WOKE UP looking around her, Carlisle looked up from the book he had been reading. He closed the book, standing up from the chair he walked over to her. Ellie placed her hand on top of her hair moving it around.

"Are you okay?" Carlisle asked as he sat down next to her, pulling Ellie close to him.

"It's Victoria." She spoke looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked her confusion evident in his voice.

"She's the one who created the army. Alice wouldn't have seen it because she's hiding, she's letting Riley make the decisions." Ellie replied. "She's coming for Bella and I."

"We're not going to let her near either of you." Carlisle said, comforting her. The brunette nodded her head, knowing that Carlisle was in fact telling the truth.

A few hours had past, Carlisle and Ellie were walking with Edward, Bella and Jasper. Jacob and Max walked towards them both shirtless, Ellie never understood why they even did that.

"You're not fighting? What, did you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob asked Edward as they all met in the middle.

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella replied as Ellie looked over at Max, who looked back at her.

"Whatever. Just tell us the plan." Jacob told them.

"This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella and Ellie's scent, but it needs to end here." Jasper informed the two wolves.

"Edward and I are going to a campsite, as are Ellie and Astrid. Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up on our scents." Bella explained to them, making it more understandable for them.

"Your stench, however, is revolting." Edward told them.

"Dude, you really don't wanna start comparing stinks." Jacob fought back.

Ellie looked over at Carlisle who looked at her placing his arm behind her back as the group continued to talk.

"What he means is that your scent will mask mine if you carry me. And Max will do the same thing if he carries Ellie." Bella explained taking over.

"Done." The two wolves said.

"This is not a good idea." Edward told Jasper looking over at him.

"Edward, they won't want to get anywhere near his odor." Jasper reassured him.

"Okay. Let's just try it." Bella spoke walking over towards Jacob.

Ellie left Carlisle's side walking over towards Max. He grabbed a hold of Ellie lifting her up from the ground.

"Run." Edward told them.

The three vampires watching Jacob and Max run away from them with Ellie and Bella. Ellie looked back at Carlisle watching him grow smaller as they disappeared into the woods. Max ran past Jacob and Bella moving further from them. Max came to a slow walk looking down at Ellie.

"So, are you going to change like Bella?" Max asked her.

"Is that your way of asking me if I'm going to become undead?" She asked back, staring into Max's eyes.

"Yeah, I guess so." He simply replied.

"I am, but I don't know when. This is my choice Max and you can't change it. I want to spend the rest of my life with Carlisle. He's the one I've been waiting for my entire life."

"So, you're not going to give me a chance?"

"I don't know, you're one of my good friends and I don't want to ruin that relationship." Max nodded his head and continued to move through the woods. "Why do you care anyway?" Ellie asked, suddenly becoming curious.

Max began to think of what he was going to tell her, still unsure how to tell her that he loved her.

"Are you sure you want to hear this answer? I mean you might react the way Bella would." Max told her as he continued to walk up the hill.

"What are you hiding from me, Max?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Max came to a stop placing Ellie down so they could really talk face to face. He looked at her putting the words together in his head before he told Ellie the truth.

"I love you, Ellie. I have since I first met you. And I don't want you to become one of them." Max told her, speaking the truth.

Shock fell onto the brunette's face as she stared back at Max, not sure what to say. Even though she was shocked, it wasn't a surprise. While she enjoyed the kiss that they shared, she really wanted to be with Carlisle.

"Max, I don't want to break your heart, and telling you this probably will. But I don't feel that way, I love Carlisle and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I don't want to be with anyone else, he is the person I truly love." Ellie explained to him watching as his features began to change to seriousness. "There is someone out there for you, and you will know when you imprint on them. It's not me, Max. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

Max only nodded his head, lifting her up again, and running up the hill. He was quick to drop the conversation and Ellie could tell that his feelings had been hurt even though she didn't mean for that to happen.