chapter fifty-one ▬▬▬ shattered

━━━━━ ELLIE WALKED TOWARDS Carlisle, with her hand resting on her injured shoulder

━━━━━ ELLIE WALKED TOWARDS Carlisle, with her hand resting on her injured shoulder. Astrid walked next to her keeping an eye on her making sure she didn't pass out. She looked over to see a newborn that hadn't been killed, which only met one thing they were going to make her a part of the coven.

Carlisle walked over to Ellie taking a look at the wound. He ripped a piece of her shirt off, lifting her arm up he tied the fabric tightly around the wound to stop the bleeding. She smiled as Edward and Bella finally appeared. The fire burned ever so brightly, in front of them.

"How long?" Edward asked Alice as Carlisle, Alice, and Ellie looked over at the couple.

"A few minutes. Maybe 10." She spoke, while Ellie moved closer to Carlisle to rest her head on his shoulder. Astrid still stood near her ready to catch her in case she was to fall.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves." Carlisle informed the group.

Jacob came out of the tree line into the sight of the humans and vampires. Max stood next to Leah, still in their wolf forms. A newborn also came out of the tree line on another side. Both Leah and Max pushed forward together attacking the Newborn.

However, Max got their first and had been pushed into the rocks falling towards the ground. Ellie moved away from Carlisle's shoulder attempting to make her way towards Max, both Astrid and Alice had stopped her trying to keep her safe and out of harm's way. Leah made her move attacking the Newborn.

"Leah, don't." Edward shouted, moving away from Bella.

Ellie watched as Jacob went towards the Newborn and Leah to help destroy the vampire. The Newborn had his arms wrapped around her neck. Panic filled in Ellie as she watched Jacob tackle the vampire away from Leah and Max.

Pushing past Astrid and Alice she ran towards Max who was still in his wolf form while the others watched Jacob and the Newborn fight back and forth. The brunette came to a stop in front of Max kneeling down to look at him. He looked at her, slowly landing his eyes on her wound.

"I'll be okay." She said, placing a hand on his head, and rubbing his fur gently.

A screech not far from the two pulled their attention away from each other. The two turned looking over at Jacob as he was thrown to the ground. Max shifted back into his human form helping Ellie off the ground, the two running over to Jacob as the Newborn had been killed by a few others.

"Jacob!" Ellie heard Bella shout.

The three made it to Jacob almost at the same time, while Jacob made a grimace on his face. Ellie kneeled down next to Carlisle looking down at Jacob.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered." The blond vampire stated.

"Oh no." Ellie breathed out looking down at her friend as Bella landed on the ground next to Edward.

"Bella." He called out looking at her.

"Jake, I'm right here." Bella announced, looking down at him.

Ellie looked up as the rest of the pack came out of the woods, Leah running with an angry expression on her face.

"Jacob, you idiot, I had it!" Leah yelled furiously.

"Leah!" Sam called out kneeling down next to Max.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting." Carlisle said, moving Jacob's arm around.

"We need to get him out of here. We're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi." Edward told Carlisle looking at him, as Ellie looked strictly at Sam.

"We'll take him back to Billy's." Sam told the doctor.

Carlisle looked over at Sam nodding his head. "I'll be there as soon as I can." Carlisle replied. Carlisle grabbed Ellie, pulling her away from Jacob as the wolves surrounded Jacob, gently lifting him off the ground.

"Could this day get any worse?" Ellie asked silently, not sure if Carlisle had even heard her, but he did.

"They're coming." Alice announced, while Ellie stood next to Astrid.

She moved her hand towards Carlisle's connecting both their hands together. Edward and Bella stood next to Astrid but behind her. The group looked forward watching as some members of the Volturi walked towards them, coming to a stop next to the fire.