chapter twenty-seven ▬▬▬ december

━━━━━ TWO MONTHS HAD passed since Carlisle and the rest of his family had left Forks

      ━━━━━ TWO MONTHS HAD passed since Carlisle and the rest of his family had left Forks. Ellie stood outside in a jacket and shorts, with her running shoes on as well. She looked up at the sky as the snow fell down to the ground.

Ellie was pulled out of her thoughts as a car pulled up to the house. She looked to see Astrid and Max getting out of the car and walking over to her. Astrid stopped next to her while Max walked to the other side of her.

She took her eyes off of them, placing them back onto the snow fall. Astrid and Max also looked at the snow that had been landing on their hair. The two waited for Ellie to explain why she had asked them to come over.

"I like it when it snows." Ellie stated still watching the snowfall to the ground.

"Why's that?" Max asked her, curious to learn more about who she was.

"Cause I can do this." Ellie took off running towards the snow, Charlie stood at the window watching as she jumped face first into the snow.

He smiled hoping this was finally a turning point for her, she seemed to have a closer relationship with Astrid and Max. Ellie turned onto her back looking up towards the sky as the snow fell on her face and hair.

"Don't you get cold when you do that?" Astrid asked her, still standing next to Max who had a smile plastered on his face as he watched Ellie.

"Yeah, but I like it. It let's me know how lucky I am to be alive." Ellie explained.

She then remembered back to the car accident that killed her father, she wasn't so sure her mother actually died that day. That car accident was her first experience with life and death, and pretty soon after meeting Carlisle and the Cullen's she had another life and death experience. She couldn't help but wonder if she was supposed to become a vampire, maybe that was her destiny all along.

"Well, in that case I'm right behind you." Astrid said, running towards Ellie, jumping in the snow and landing next to her.

Astrid turned onto her back laughing along with Ellie, Max stared at them not sure what to do. Ellie and Astrid lifted themselves from the snow looking over at Max.

"Come on, Max. Join us in the snow." Ellie said, falling back into the snow.

"I just don't know how I feel about this." Max stated looking at his two friends.

Ellie turned her head, looking at Astrid hinting at an idea of which Arid quickly picked up on. The two stood up from the snow running towards Max. They both grabbed his hands pulling him with them.

They pushed him in front of them, and once he was in front they proceeded to push him into the snow. They laughed as Max struggled to turn around in the snow. Charlie chuckled from inside, turning away from the window and walking up the stairs to check on Bella.

"I hate you both." Max mumbled through the snow.

"What was that? We couldn't hear you!" Astrid said as Ellie laughed twice as hard, finally feeling good for once since Carlisle had left Forks.

However, a small amount of pain still lies deep inside her, but she was thankful for her friends, they meant the world to her and she was happy that they were slowly taking the pain away. She and Astrid ran towards the snow and both landed next to Max, together the three stared up at the sky with the snow falling on them.