chapter thirty-nine ▬▬▬ a dream

━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD NEXT to Astrid as they walked into their hotel room

      ━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD NEXT to Astrid as they walked into their hotel room. Astrid sat her stuff on the bed while Ellie placed her suitcase next to the other bed. She walked away from the beds heading over to the balcony. Opening the sliding door she walked out looking at the view that laid in front of her.

"Wow, Carlisle picked a great hotel." Ellie said as Astrid walked out and stood next to her.

"He sure did. I'm glad you have him." Astrid responded looking at Ellie.

"Why?"

"Eventually there will come a day when you won't need protection. Which means I'll leave and go back to sleep until another powerful being needs my protection."

Ellie turned her body facing her friend. "I'm not going to send you away when I become a vampire. And I'm most certainly not going to send you away when I don't need to be protected anymore. You're my best friend, and nothing will change that. You're my bookstore buddy too, I wouldn't be able to find anyone else like you."

There was a smile resting on Ellie's face, she pulled Astrid into a tight hug and of course Astrid hugged her back. After a few minutes the two pulled from the hug, and walked back into their room.

"What do you want to do first?" Astrid asked her, tilting her head just a little.

"I really want to eat food." Ellie simply responded as her stomach growled at the answer. "Right on schedule." Astrid couldn't help but laugh, while shaking her head.

"All right, then let's go." Astrid said as she walked over to the door.

Ellie grabbed her purse, placing it on her shoulder. She walked towards Astrid out towards the hallway waiting for Astrid to follow her. The brunette closed the door, turning around she walked over to Ellie and the two towards the elevator.

Ellie wandered around the Cullen household, looking for her second family. Coming to a stop in front of a door she stared at it briefly. Something was pulling her towards it and she wasn't sure why.

She moved forward slightly, placing her hand on the door knob she turned it, pushing the door open to reveal two people in the room. Walking through the door she moved closer to the people, seeing who it had been. Her jaw opened, seeing herself on the chair like bed.

Carlisle was near her pacing back and forth, he didn't seem angry he seemed more upset then anything.

"I won't let you go through with this." Carlisle argued.

Ellie sighed looking down at her hands. "I don't care, it's my decision and that is finally. We aren't going to argue this anymore, Carlisle." Ellie spoke becoming more angry with Carlisle every passing moment.

"Please, don't go through with this." Carlisle said, trying to convince his mate.

He couldn't live a life where Ellie wasn't there, and he wouldn't let her go through this not if he could stop it.

"Why not, Carlisle? Please explain to me why I shouldn't go through this?" She asked him.

"Because, you could die... and I can't lose you. I can't live a life without you." Carlisle replied.

Silence filled the room, Ellie and Carlisle looked at each other not sure what to say next. She moved closer to Ellie who laid on the table seeing something she had not seen before.

Ellie opened her eyes, lifting herself up from her bed. Looking around the hotel room she noticed the darkness that filled it. Lowering her head she looked down at her bed.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked herself as she messed with her hair, as she fell back into her pillow.

She stared up at the ceiling pondering over why she kept seeing stuff like this. Ellie then wondered if it was a part of her gift, or whatever it is that she could do. She still wasn't entirely sure what she could even do.

Ellie looked over at Astrid seeing that she was still asleep and hadn't been bothered by the fact that Ellie had woken up from her sleep. She turned on her side, looking out the open window where the moonlight was.

She had enjoyed her time here in San Francisco and was upset that they were leaving in the morning. Ellie knew that eventually when she became a vampire there would be a lot of things that she couldn't do anymore.

All these thoughts continued to race through her head, and with those thoughts came more thoughts that she couldn't seem to stop. Ellie looked down at her hand seeing a small amount of blue energy running out of her hands and through her bed.

Until, eventually they disappeared. She shook her head resting her head on her pillow, allowing sleep to take over her body once again. She drifted into a deep sleep for the rest of the night.