chapter seventeen ▬▬▬ a tracker

━━━━━ ELLIE RAN OVER towards the jeep opening the door and climbing into it as Edward and Bella came up behind her

      ━━━━━ ELLIE RAN OVER towards the jeep opening the door and climbing into it as Edward and Bella came up behind her. Slamming the door shut she buckled herself up as Edward opened the door, helping Bella get in. Edward grabbed the buckle in an attempt to help the brunette get buckled.

"Okay, I've got it! I've got it! I'm all right!" She screamed at him, Ellie watched him slam the door and run to the other side using his vampire speed. "What, now he's coming after us?" Bella questioned looking over at Edward as he turned the jeep on and began driving away from the field, heading into the woods.

"Listen to me, James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession. I read his mind. My reaction on the field set him off." Edward explained to the two humans. "I just made this the most exciting game ever. He's never gonna stop." Edward added looking over at Bella.

"What should we do?" Bella asked, while Ellie unbuckled herself moving forward to include herself in the conversation.

"We have to kill him. Rip him apart and burn the pieces." Edward informed them.

"Where are we going?" Ellie asked, looking over at Edward.

"Away from Forks. We'll get a ferry to Vancouver." Edward told them.

"We have to go home. Now. You have to take us home." Bella said looking back at Ellie who nodded in agreement.

"She's right Edward, we can't just leave." Ellie added, turning her head towards Edward.

"You can't go home. He's just gonna trace your scent there. It's the first place he's gonna look." Edward told them.

"But my dad is there." Bell fought back.

"It doesn't matter!" Edward yelled, continuing to drive through the woods.

"Yes, it does!" Bella told the vampire.

"He could get killed because of us!" Ellie exclaimed, narrowing her eyes on Edward.

"Just let me get the two of you out of here first, alright?" Edward told them, showing a caring side for Ellie that confused her.

"It's my dad! We have to go back!" Bella yelled at him.

"And he's my father too, he practically raised me, when I had nobody." Ellie told him hoping it would somehow convince him.

"We'll figure out how to lead the tracker away somehow..." Bella said. "I don't know! But we have to do something." She added.

Edward stopped the jeep next to the grass Ellie was the first to exit out of the vehicle. She ran towards the steps heading towards the door and opened it as Bella followed behind her.

"Edward, I said leave me alone!" Bella yelled at him, slamming the door shut in his face.

Charlie lifted himself up from the couch running over to her while Ellie ran to her room. Grabbing a bag from the closet she grabbed some clothes shoving them in the bag. Looking around the room her eyes fell onto the telekinesis book and a few others that she had been reading, grabbing them she shoved them in her back and zipped it up. She walked out of her room just as Bella and Charlie came back down the steps.

"I'll pull into a motel. I promise." Bella said, walking towards the kitchen.

"Look, Bella, I know I'm not that much fun to be around, but I can change that. We can do more stuff together and include El in all of it." Charlie said, hoping to change his daughter's mind about the situation.

Ellie wished that she could just tell Charlie the truth of why they were leaving but she knew that they couldn't risk putting him in danger especially if James truly was after them.

"Like what?" Bella questioned turning to look back at her father.

"Like watching baseball on the flat-screen? Eat at the diner every night? Steak and cobbler?" Bella questioned him.

"Dad, that's you. That's not me. And I'm pretty sure El isn't into that either. She likes reading and going on adventures, that's why she did some traveling." Bella explained walking out of the kitchen.

"Bella, come on, I just... I just got you back." Charlie replied as Bella opened the door, Ellie looked between the two waiting for the right moment to step into the conversation.

"Yeah, and you know if I don't get out now, then I'm just gonna be stuck here like mom." Bella said walking through the door and slamming it shut behind her.

Ellie knew that Bella meant nothing by those words but it was the only way to make sure that Charlie wouldn't follow after her. Ellie walked over to the door placing her hand on the door knob she looked over at Charlie watching the sadness etch into his features.

"No, not you too." Charlie spoke, Ellie could hear his voice breaking down with sadness.

"I am only going with her to make sure she gets where she's going. Charlie, I promise I will come back. I own a bookstore, I can't just leave that behind." Ellie explained. Ellie removed her hand from the door knob and walked over to Charlie. She pulled the man into a tight hug.

"Just keep an eye on her." Charlie whispered, hugging her tightly, like it was going to be their last hug.

"I will Charlie," Ellie said, pulling away from the hug.

She turned back around placing her hand on the door knob once again, looking back at her adoptive father once last time she pulled the door open and exited out of the house. Running down the steps she threw her back into the back of Bella's truck as she turned her truck on. Once she was in the truck Bell pulled out of the driveway heading down the road.