chapter sixty-four ▬▬▬ a new life

━━━━━ CARLISLE SAT IN the room eyes on Bella, the game on in the background as Emmett sat next to Jasper, the two had their eyes on the game

      ━━━━━ CARLISLE SAT IN the room eyes on Bella, the game on in the background as Emmett sat next to Jasper, the two had their eyes on the game. Alice sat next to Jasper, staring at Bella. Jacob sat near Bella, Edward sat in the chair across from her.

Carlisle stood behind him, as he was going to check on Ellie soon. Rosalie stood next to Esme who sat on the armchair. Jamie stood near Rosalie, his eyes on Bella. Astrid and Max were outside with Seth and Leah keeping an eye out.

Ellie had been up in Carlisle's bedroom sleeping. All the vampires, including Ellie knew that she would be delivering the baby any day. Bella moved her sleeve up her arm, Edward seemed to notice her movement.

"Are you cold?" Edward asked her.

Bella nodded her head in response. "I got it." Jacob called out moving over to Bella placing his hand near her stomach. She moved her hands closer to his, feeling his warmth. Soon a smile made its way onto her pale face. "Don't do that." Jacob told her.

"What?" Bella asked in return.

"Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world."

"You're one of them. It feels complete when you're here, Jake."

Before any more words could be spoken, Bella adjusted herself leaning over the couch. Edward grabbed the metal trash can, holding it towards Bella. Carlisle and Rosalie moved forward slightly while Jasper and Emmett placed their eyes on Bella.

Jacob placed his hand on Bella's back rubbing it hoping it would make her feel better. Bella whimpered, she wanted to cry but she held it together.

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system." Esme spoke, looking around at everyone as Bella moved back into her spot.

"If I could only see the fetus..."

"The baby." Rosalie told her.

"...maybe I could figure out what it wants."

Jacob looked over at Alice thinking to himself. Edward looked at him after reading what he had said about the baby.

"Think you might be right." Edward said, his eyes still on Jacob who turned to look at him. "Jacob just had an idea."

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment."

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle asked, looking over at the wolf.

"That it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into."

Bella looked over at Edward, while Jacob had a smirk on his face. "He's thirsty." Bella said.

"I know the feeling." Emmett replied.

"If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood."

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle said, moving backwards, soon turning around and walking towards the kitchen. Jasper looked over at Carlisle at his comment.