chapter fifty-nine ▬▬▬ researching legends

━━━━━ BELLA AND EDWARD had since returned from their honeymoon

      ━━━━━ BELLA AND EDWARD had since returned from their honeymoon. Bella of course knew that her sister was pregnant but she didn't understand why Ellie didn't want to talk to her let alone anyone else except for Max, Rosalie, and Astrid.

Ellie was currently in Carlisle's room, she was resting in the bed reading a book that Astrid had picked up from her store. Astrid and Max were worried about her, the rest of the vampires in the household were worried about her too, but they also worried over Bella.

Both Astrid and Max agreed that Ellie was in fact depressed and it was not because of the baby. It was because of Carlisle's response to finding out that she was pregnant. Even though Carlisle hadn't been talking to Ellie since finding out he still checked up on her to make sure that she was doing okay.

He checked on the baby, to see how it was developing but only one thing seemed to confuse him the most with Ellie's pregnancy was the fact that she still looked healthy whereas with Bella you could start to see the effects of carrying the baby.

The brunette sighed looking up from her book, Max stood at the entrance off the door however Astrid was not with him which was odd because since finding out about the baby the two went everywhere. The two made sure to always have their eyes on Ellie, to make sure that she was okay.

"Where's Astrid?" She questioned closing the book she had been reading.

"She's downstairs eating, Esme and Jamie made us some food. I'm not really hungry at the moment." Max said, walking into the room.

Ellie placed the book on the cover that rested near her, the brunette had Astrid gather all her blankets and bring them over to the Cullen household. The one thing she didn't really like was being cold all the time.

"How's Bella?" Ellie questioned watching Max jump onto the bed, a smile resting on his face. Ellie only rolled her eyes looking down at Max.

"She's okay, she would like to see you but you know you're really depressed to talk to anyone else." Max informed her.

"I know. I just wish Carlisle and the rest would see how wonderful this is, even if it does end badly for me and her. I've come to terms with that." Ellie said, picking her hand up and moving her hair around. The front door opened and closed, it caused Ellie to look over at her door.

"Who do you think that was?" Ellie proceeded to ask Max after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm not sure, would you like to take a look with me?" Max asked her, climbing off the bed.

"Yeah, I guess I should go talk to Bella anyway. I'm sure she'd want to talk to me." Ellie said, removing the covers from her body she slowly moved to the edge of the bed.

Max moved to the other side, holding out his hand he helped her off the bed. She entangled her arm with his and together the two moved out of the room heading over to the steps. While she wasn't badly sick Ellie still wanted to take precautions and take everything slow and everyone understood that even if they didn't know what they were dealing with.