chapter seventy-three ▬▬▬ at all cost

━━━━━ ELLIE WAS DRESSED and ready to travel to London and then eventually Egypt and anywhere else they would need to go

      ━━━━━ ELLIE WAS DRESSED and ready to travel to London and then eventually Egypt and anywhere else they would need to go. Gwendolyn stood next to Ellie as she held onto a book. Carlisle came up next to her, placing their bag on the table.

She zipped it open placing the book in the bag, she knew she would need something to keep her mind off being away from Gwendolyn while she and Carlisle searched for those who would help them.

"At least we get to travel with each other even if it isn't under the best circumstances." Ellie said, sending Carlisle a bright smile.

He also placed a smile on his face, he then placed his hand on her arm and rubbed it gently. Shortly thereafter Ellie turned to look at their daughter.

"All right. Let's get this show on the road." Jacob said, walking into the room.

His voice came to a sudden stop, as he stood still looking outside. Ellie turned away from Gwendolyn, she then saw Sam walking up to the house with something in his hand. Ellie briefly exchanged a look with Carlisle.

She grabbed a hold of Gwendolyn's hand walking her over to Seth, and Astrid. Seth took her hand as Ellie and the rest of the other's walked out onto the front porch. Ellie stood close to Carlisle as he handed the piece of paper over to Carlisle.

"Alice asked me to give you that." Sam spoke, looking around at them. "She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

Carlisle closed the piece of paper and handed it over to Ellie. She took it in her hands and opened it up to read what Alice had written.

"Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come." Ellie read the words that Alice had left. She then turned the paper over looking at the title.

She saw that the paper had been ripped out of The Merchant of Venice. Ellie knew that Alice had to have left something else but it just didn't make any sense.

"Carlisle?" Esme asked, causing Ellie to look away from the paper. She looked over at Esme and Jamie who both stood next to each other.

"They've left us." He informed them.

"Why?" Rosalie proceeded to question him.

"She didn't say."

"Can I see that?" Bella asked, walking closer to Carlisle and Ellie.

The brunette handed the paper over to Carlisle who handed it over to Bella who took it to take a look at it. She opened the paper and read what Carlisle and Ellie had read. Everyone went back inside to get ready.

Ellie looked over at Sam, he stared at her almost as if he wanted to talk to her. She started to walk towards the edge of the steps, hoping that she could somehow talk to him and make things right.

But Sam just didn't seem ready for their friendship to heal. He turned away and walked back the way he came. Ellie wanted to feel hurt, but maybe it was best that they didn't have a friendship. Carlisle came up behind her.

He pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her as she watched Sam leave and eventually disappear into the woods.

"We should go say goodbye to Gwendolyn." Carlisle said, starting a conversation.

"Yes, we should." Ellie replied.

Carlisle removed his arms, however Ellie grabbed a hold of his hand. The two walked back into the house and moved up the steps. Seth and Astrid had taken Gwendolyn up to her room. And that is where the couple headed.

Ellie pulled the door open and the two walked into Gwendolyn's room. Ellie looked to see her daughter on the bed, sitting next to Astrid who had been reading a story to her. Max and Seth stood outside talking to each other.

Astrid looked up from the book seeing the two. "I think this is a good place to stop for now." Astrid said, causing Gwendolyn to look up at her.

Gwendolyn then looked over to see her mother and father standing at the door. Ellie watched a smile rise onto her daughter's lips. She climbed off the bed and ran over to them. Astrid stood up from the bed heading outside to talk to Max and Seth.

Ellie kneeled down looking at her daughter. A smile rested on her face as well. Ellie lifted her hand up moving Gwendolyn's hair out of the way slightly. Carlisle proceeded to kneel down next to her, his eyes on his daughter.

"Your father and I have to leave now." Ellie said, with a soft voice.

"How long will you be gone?" Gwendolyn asked, looking at both her parents.

"We're not sure. But, we won't be gone for long." Carlisle told her.

"Promise?"

"We promise." The two said at the same time.

Gwendolyn moved closer to her parents and hugged the two. Both Ellie and Carlisle hugged her tightly, both of them not wanting to say goodbye. Gwendolyn walked back over to the bed and climbed onto it waiting for Astrid to come back in.

Ellie looked at Carlisle as he looked at her. "Everything will be okay." Carlisle told her.

"I know." She replied.

Carlisle stood up from the floor and walked out of the room allowing Ellie to go talk to Max and Astrid before they left. Ellie stood up from the floor and walked over to the other side of the room.

"Can I talk to Seth please." Ellie asked, looking at Astrid and then Max. The two nodded their heads and walked back into the house.

"What's up, El?" Seth asked, looking at her.

"I need you to promise me something." Ellie said, continuing the conversation.

"Anything."

"I need you to promise me that no matter what happens you protect Gwendolyn at all cost."

"Ellie, I will. I promise."

"Thank you, Seth."

"And don't tell Gwendie anything yet, Carlisle and I are going to talk to her when we come back with all the witnesses."

"I won't."

Ellie turned around and walked back into the room. She then walked over to the bed and sat on it. Astrid sat next to Gwendolyn who was now asleep.

"Be safe, Ellie." Astrid said, looking at her friend.

"I will." Ellie paused, lifting up her hand to show the blue psionic energy. "I can protect myself pretty well."

"Yeah, we'll see about that. We're gonna train when you come back."

"You have yourself a deal."

Ellie stood up from the bed, she looked at her sleeping daughter. Then she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. From there she walked down the steps and headed outside to the front where Carlisle waited for her.

"I'm ready." Ellie breathed out climbing into the car. Carlisle climbed in after her and turned it on, pulling out of the driveway and heading to the airport.