chapter sixty-one ▬▬▬ blocked visions

━━━━━ IT WAS NIGHTTIME, Ellie laid in the bed with her hand over top her stomach

      ━━━━━ IT WAS NIGHTTIME, Ellie laid in the bed with her hand over top her stomach. Carlisle was with Edward, Alice, Jasper and Astrid looking at more information about the immortal children. Edward slammed pushed his chair out walking out of the room.

Astrid placed her eyes on Carlisle and then looked over at Jasper and Alice who nodded their heads. She watched Alice stand up from the chair and leave the room allowing Astrid and Carlisle to talk alone.

"You should go talk to her." Astrid said, looking back at Carlisle. He sighed, closing his laptop and placing his attention on her. "I know you don't want to but she needs your support. We don't know what's gonna happen, but I do that she wants this baby and she wants it with you." Astrid said, sending him a soft smile.

"I just need to understand this." Carlisle simply replied, he stood up from the chair and walked out of the room leaving Astrid by herself.

"Great." She breathed out allowing her head to fall onto the table.

She closed her eyes and sighed heavily soon after. Carlisle made his way up the steps to his room. Alice was in the room with her and the two were having a conversation. Ellie.

"There's something I need to talk to you about." Alice said, getting serious. Ellie picked herself up and pushed back towards the headboard and the pillows.

"Okay, what do you want to talk to me about?" Ellie questioned her.

"It's about your future." Alice said, seeming to get sad. Ellie began to panic fearing what she was going to tell her. "I can't see your future anymore." Alice informed her, Ellie sighed in relief as she already knew about that.

"I know, I heard the other day. I figured it wasn't good that you couldn't see my future let alone Bella's." Ellie said, looking at the vampire.

"Right, but the thing is I haven't seen anything since after the battle against the newborns attacked us." Alice explained to her.

"That doesn't make any sense." Ellie breathed out looking down at her stomach

"I think somehow whatever is inside you, blocked my visions. I don't think it was the child itself. I think it's your gift." Alice went on to tell her. Ellie furrowed her brows really confused by what Alice was telling her.

"How could it be my gift?" Ellie asked her, still really confused. Ellie looked around while Alice sat silent, the brunette was scanning through her memories to see why it was acting this way. "It was the car accident." Ellie said, throwing the vampire off.

"What?" She questioned, tilting her head slightly.

"When I was eleven my parents were fighting, my mom kept blaming my dad for everything. I didn't actually hear most of what they said, but I couldn't take it anymore. The next thing I knew a car hit us. My dad died on impact and I was told that my mom died in the O.R. but now I'm not so sure if that's true." Ellie explained, she wanted to cry but nothing seemed to come out. Meanwhile Alice stared at her in shock. "I think my gift is protecting me from you, maybe it knows my outcome." Ellie said.

"Yeah, maybe. I'm gonna let you get some sleep, it looks like you could really use it." Alice said standing up from the bed.

Ellie smiled watching her walk out of the room. Ellie lowered herself back onto the bed and picked up the pillow so she could get comfortable. Carlisle walked into the room looking down at the brunette as she pulled up some more blankets.

"Are you cold?" He questioned her, causing her to stop moving the blankets. She lifted her gaze looking at the blond vampire who stared at her.

"Yeah, but I'll be fine." Ellie said, Carlisle walked closer to her still seeming to be hesitant about the whole situation. "You can come lay with me if you'd like too." Ellie spoke, placing a smile on her face hoping that he would

Carlisle gave her a nod and moved over to the bed, climbing in he pulled the blankets over top him and pulled Ellie closer to him. It was really the first time since the pregnancy had started that they had been this close and Ellie finally felt content.

"I'm sorry for the way I've been acting." Carlisle said, breaking the silence between them.

"It's okay, you're here now. That's all that really matters. I know this isn't how you imagined things happening." She told him, trying to give him some comfort about the whole thing.

Carlisle didn't seem to respond to what she had said, instead he pulled her closer and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go.

"I think it's a girl." Ellie spoke looking up at Carlisle.

"What tells you that?" He asked her, curious to know why.

"I don't know, I just picture a girl when I close my eyes. I have names picked out whether it's a girl or a boy. Do you want to hear them?" She asked, holding a smile on her face.

"Okay, let's hear it." Carlisle replied.

"If it's a girl I was thinking, Gwendolyn Stacey. And if it's a boy I was thinking of Stefan Xavier." Ellie informed him hoping he would like the names.

"I think they're perfect." He replied, kissing her forehead.