chapter fifty ▬▬▬ into ash

━━━━━ THE FOLLOWING MORNING had come and it was time for the battle, Ellie only worried that something might happen to Carlisle or possibly someone else

      ━━━━━ THE FOLLOWING MORNING had come and it was time for the battle, Ellie only worried that something might happen to Carlisle or possibly someone else. She stood outside a hat resting on her head with a jacket around her body.

Next to her stood Astrid, Max had already left to go join the pack. Astrid and Ellie weren't near Edward, however Ellie occasionally looked around for Edward making sure he was still close. The brunette looked over at Astrid, a question popping into her head.

"What happens if my gift becomes more prominent during this battle?" Ellie asked, watching as Astrid turned to face her.

"Then use them. I know you don't know much about them or what they can do. But if it comes down to you protecting yourself, use them." Astrid said.

Ellie only nodded, ending the conversation. The two walked away from their spot heading over to Bella and Edward. She watched as Seth made an appearance in his wolf form.

"It's starting." Edward announced to the group. Ellie looked at Edward watching as he stared into space. "Jacob just got there." Edward informed them.

Ellie placed a small smile knowing everything was going okay. However, that smile faded away as she watched Edward's expressions suddenly change. Bella and Astrid seemed to have noticed the change as well.

"Someone's hurt?" Ellie questioned.

"She's close. I can hear her thoughts. Seth, go. Astrid, stay with Ellie." Edward ordered. Astrid stepped in front of Ellie ready to protect her if needed. Ellie's eyes followed Seth until he had disappeared from sight. "She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent. She knew Ellie would be here, she saw Carlisle fighting on the field. She knew you'd both be with me." Edward told the two humans.

"She found us." Bella breathed out, while Ellie looked around for the red head.

"She's not alone." Edward said.

Ellie looked forward watching as Riley Biers walked out from the trees looking at the four of them.

"Riley, listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you." Edward informed the red head as Victoria landed in a tree not far from them.

Ellie looked over at her, bawling her hand in anger. She wanted the vampire to be killed, so she wouldn't have to live with the fear of Victoria trying to kill her and take her away from Carlisle before they could even have a life. Ellie hadn't realized the blue energy that had been radiating from her hand.

"In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore." Edward said as Riley stopped in his place. Ellie kept her eyes on Victoria as she started to speak to the other vampire.

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." Victoria said loud enough for the humans to hear.

"I can read her mind. So I know what she thinks of you." Edward informed him. Ellie looked over at Riley, as he looked at Victoria. "She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. That's the only thing she cares about. Not you."

Ellie watched the interaction between Riley and Victoria. It seemed like Riley wanted to believe Edward, but at the same time wanted to believe Victoria.

"Think about it. You're from Forks. You know the area. That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you." Edward told him.

Ellie nodded her head in agreement, fearing what might happen next. Then it changed when Riley looked towards them, ready to attack. He stepped forward slightly through the snow.

"You're dead." He breathed out.

"Man." Ellie spoke as Astrid pushed Ellie behind her.

Riley went to push forward towards Edward, however, Seth intercepted him and attacked him. Ellie watched as Seth shoved his around, soon breaking his hand off his arm causing the vampire to howl in pain. She looked over at Victoria as she jumped off the tree running away from the group.

"You won't get another chance like this again." Edward shouted, causing her to stop dead in her tracks. Victoria turned around looking back at them, placing her eyes on Edward.

"You want her. You want Ellie. You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James, when I tore him to pieces, when I turned him into ash, when I turned him into nothing." Edward taunted.

Seconds later Victoria ran towards Edward knocking him to the ground causing Ellie to gasp. They slid through the snow, soon coming to a stop. Victoria stood up from the snow moving towards Bella and Ellie, however Astrid stepped in front of both of them while Edward grasped her and threw her backwards.

She landed in the tree, looking down at Edward, and then she moved up the tree. Astrid grabbed Ellie's hand while Edward did the same for Bella. The four ran away from their spot moving to a different area.

Edward pushed Bella back while Ellie moved backwards, Astrid moved forward helping Edward to push the tree down to the ground. Astrid and Edward fought to take down Victoria, while Ellie moved towards them ready to use her gift even though she still had no idea what she could do with it.

She looked up as Riley jumped onto her, knocking her to the ground. She turned around grabbing his chest attempting to stop him from attacking her. Riley, pulled backwards lifting her up from the ground.

Looking at her he threw her back into a tree, where a broken branch impaled her shoulder. The brunette screamed in pain causing Astrid to leave Edward to defend himself. Astrid ran towards the brunette as she continued to scream.

"I hate newborns." Ellie breathed out as she tried to pull herself off the branch but failed.

"Don't worry, you'll probably be one soon enough." Astrid said, assessing the damage done to her shoulder.

"Now is not the time for your sarcasm. I'm in a huge amount of pain that is unbearable, worse than what James had done to me." Ellie replied.

Astrid only smiled, grasping her shoulder and pulling her off the tree. Ellie winced in pain pushing herself onto Astrid. The two followed behind Edward and Bella heading back down the mountain.