chapter fifty-eight ▬▬▬ you are my family

━━━━━ ELLIE SAT IN the bed that rested in Carlisle's room, a blanket rested over her stomach to keep her warm

      ━━━━━ ELLIE SAT IN the bed that rested in Carlisle's room, a blanket rested over her stomach to keep her warm. It had been two and a half weeks since Bella's wedding, but three and a half weeks since she and Carlisle had come back from their trip.

Something unexpected and impossible had happened to her. Part of her was ashamed, while the other part had been thrilled. Everyone feared what might happen to her, especially Carlisle. He couldn't live without her which is why he didn't want her to go through any of this.

Rosalie had been keeping her company due to the fact that she and Carlisle weren't on the right terms. Ellie looked up at Rosalie as her phone rang.

"I'll be fine, you can go answer it." Ellie said, watching as she left the room.

Not long after she left Astrid and Max came into the room reuniting the three friends. Astrid sat on one side while Max sat on the other side.

"So, you still haven't talked to Carlisle?" Astrid asked her, resting her head on Ellie's shoulder. Ellie looked down at her hands, which rested on her top, her somewhat big stomach.

"Well, he wants to get rid of the situation before anything further happens but I disagree with him and we just can't come to an agreement." Ellie informed Astrid as Max looked over at her stomach.

The pack didn't know what had been going on with Ellie aside from Max, she knew he could be trusted to keep everything a secret until they figured out exactly what was going on.

"Well, I hope for your sake and the baby's that he comes to terms and understands what you want to do." Max said, looking at Ellie and smiling at her.

"Yeah me too." Ellie stated, ending the conversation.

Not long after the conversation ended Rosalie had walked back into the room looking at the three of them as she closed the door behind her.

"What's going on, Rose?" Ellie asked her.

The vampire walked towards the bed where the three waited for Rosalie to tell them what was going on.

"Bella and Edward are coming home." Rosalie notified them, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Is everything okay?" Astrid asked with a sudden worried look on her face.

Rosalie shook her head looking at Astrid, however seconds later she placed her eyes on Ellie who had been carrying a baby.

"Oh my god. She's pregnant too." Ellie announced solving the puzzle.

The three watched as Rosalie shook her head in agreement to what Ellie had just said. Ellie looked down at her stomach, shocked that Bella would be going through this too.

"You didn't tell her about me, did you?" Ellie asked looking back at Rosalie.

"No, she doesn't know and I won't tell her unless you give me the okay." Rosalie responded, a small smile on her face.

Ellie placed her hands on her stomach rubbing the front gently, "you can tell her. I mean she'll find out soon enough." Ellie spoke, watching Rosalie walk towards the three of them she nodded her head.

"They'll be here in a few hours. Do you want help getting upstairs?" She asked, looking down at the pregnant human.

"Yeah, I guess so. You guys wanna help me up?" Ellie asked, placing her eyes on Astrid first then Max.

The two nodded climbing off the bed. Rosalie grabbed the blanket holding it in her arms while Astrid walked to the other side of the bed where Max currently was. Ellie grunted, moving towards the edge of the bed. Max and Astrid grasped the human's arms pulling her up to her feet.

"It's only been five weeks and I almost look like I'm about to give birth." Ellie spoke, causing the Protector to smirk at her.

"Well, this isn't a normal pregnancy." Max called out as the four of them moved toward the door slowly.

"You didn't tell the pack about me being pregnant did you?" Ellie asked, shifting her gaze towards Max. The wolf turned to look at her, giving her a soft smile.

"No, I never did. If I tell Sam, he'll try and stop me from seeing you, and he'll try to kill you and the baby." Max answered, honestly.

Ellie looked down at her feet as they came upon the steps. "I didn't think it would ever come to this. I'm sorry for pulling you in." Ellie spoke as Max and Astrid moved to the first set of steps. Rosalie stood at the bottom, while Emmett made an appearance at the top of the steps.

"It's not your fault, nor Carlisle's. We didn't know this could happen, let alone to both you and Bella. Sam is my cousin, but you are my family. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, and I realize that now more than ever." Max said as Ellie gently lifted herself onto the stairs.

"What are you going to do if it comes down to a fight?" Astrid asked, moving up another set of stairs.

Rosalie moved closer to Ellie, placing her hands gently on her back. "I hope it doesn't. But if it does, I'm going to protect Ellie at all cost." Max replied, looking around at everyone.

"It's good to know we can trust you." Carlisle spoke, appearing behind Emmett.

Ellie lifted her gaze looking towards the vampire. However, she still wasn't ready to talk to him. Max nodded his head as they moved up to the last step, Ellie placed her eyes on Emmett watching him hold out his arms in case anything happened.

Since finding out that Ellie had been pregnant all the vampires had become concerned, mostly that she wouldn't survive the birth. Ellie released the breath she had been holding in as they finally made it up to the top of the stairs. Slowly they made their way towards the couch so Ellie could sit down.

She only asked for everyone's help, because she had been afraid that something would happen to her. Sitting down on the couch she moved backwards, finally in a comfortable position Rosalie walked towards her placing the blanket on top of the brunette. She looked around at everyone, who had their eyes trained on her.

"I'm fine guys, really." Ellie informed them.

She watched as a few of the vampires left the room. Rosalie, Carlisle, and Alice stayed behind as well as Max and Astrid. Even though Ellie hadn't been talking to him, she still enjoyed having him in the room. She just wished he would come to terms with what she wanted to do.

The brunette placed her eyes on Alice as she walked towards her sitting down next to her. Astrid turned away walking out of the room, Max and Carlisle followed behind her wanting to know where she was going. Rosalie sat down on the other side of Ellie, with a smile plastered on her face.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Alice asked, gaining the brunette's attention.

"I have, I was thinking that if it was a girl, her name could be Gwendolyn." Ellie said, a smile on her face. "If it's a boy, I was thinking his name could be Xavier or maybe Stefan."

"I think both of the names are very beautiful." Rosalie informed her.

"Thanks Rose." Ellie replied, allowing her head to fall backwards onto the seat.

She looked up towards the ceiling. Silence filled the room, Ellie wasn't sure what to talk about next so she let the conversation drop. Closing her eyes she thought about what the future would be like when her daughter or son was born. Hopefully by then Carlisle would accept what had happened, even if it was impossible. Only time would tell what would happen to their future.