chapter fifty-seven ▬▬▬ you could die

━━━━━ ELLIE RESTED IN the bed that Carlisle had carried her too, it was a hospital bed

      ━━━━━ ELLIE RESTED IN the bed that Carlisle had carried her too, it was a hospital bed. Ellie wasn't shocked that he even had something like this after all he was a doctor. The guest had since then gone home, leaving only the vampires, the human, and the protector.

Astrid refused to leave Ellie's side until they knew exactly what they had been dealing with. Ellie knew that she was pregnant but still hadn't figured out how it could even be possible. After all she was alive, and Carlisle was dead.

She was being warned, she knew that it was going to happen, she just didn't know when. And now that she was in this current situation she knew that the dreams she had been having that seemed to warn her about the future had come true.

The more she thought about it, she knew it couldn't be possible. Then again maybe it could be, she just wanted to know what was really happening. But, then she started to feel something else. She could finally be a mother, something she had always dreamed of becoming.

Something that meant more to her than her own mother. She promised herself that when this baby came she would be the mother that Monica Newman never was, even if she was still alive. She looked up from the bed, pulling out of her own thoughts.

Carlisle walked back into the room, with Rosalie and Alice behind him. Ellie gave him a soft smile not sure what to really do with the new situation.

"Well, are you gonna tell me what I already know?" Ellie asked, looking at Carlisle as he stopped next to her.

Rosalie and Alice stood in the back, both of them seemed to be exchanging a look of some kind with each other. Carlisle grasped her hand in his, looking at her.

"Can I talk to El alone please?" Carlisle asked, looking up at Astrid.

The Protector nodded her head hesitant at first. She sent a small smile to Ellie, who nodded her head in return. She walked away from Ellie exiting out of the room with Alice and Rosalie following behind her. Once they were gone Carlisle and Ellie were the only ones that remained in the room.

"I don't know how this is possible but you are pregnant." Carlisle informed her.

Ellie took in the information that she knew was the truth. She was excited to be experiencing this but at the same time she feared what would come her way.

"I don't want you to go through this, Ellie." Carlisle told her.

The brunette lifted her eyes looking towards the vampire, as he stood still not making any movements. Ellie quickly changed her tone, "why not?" She asked lifting herself up, to get a better look at the vampire she loved more than anything.

Carlisle sighed, walking towards her he grasped her hands in his cold ones staring into her brown eyes.

"We don't know what this fetus is capable of."

"Carlisle, nothing is going to happen to me, can't you understand that."

She stared back at him, and she could see the sadness that rested on his face. She loved him, she really did, but she wanted to have this baby and she didn't care what happened to her.

"But, we don't know that El. You could die. The fetus could kill you."

Carlisle was really trying his hardest to change Ellie's mind about the whole thing. But deep down he knew that Ellie's mind wouldn't couldn't be changed. Ellie looked down at their connected hands contemplating what she was going to reply with.

"We don't know that. In fact we don't know anything about the baby. Therefore nothing can be done until I have this baby." She said, pulling her hands away from him.

Carlisle narrowed his eyes at her, "I won't let you go through this." Carlisle argued back. The brunette jumped off the bed, walking away from the blonde vampire.

"I don't care, it's my decision and that's final." Ellie said, raising her voice.

She closed her eyes, exhaling soon after. She turned back around looking towards Carlisle as his eyes landed on her.

"We aren't going to argue this anymore, Carlisle." Ellie added, becoming more angry with the vampire, as each second passed. Carlisle stepped forward slightly, his eyes trained on her.

"Please, don't go through with this." He said, desperately trying to convince her to change her mind.

"Why not, Carlisle?" She asked, unsure of why he was so scared. She watched him sigh, briefly looking down at the ground; lifting his gaze up to look at her.

"Because, you could die, and I can't lose you again." The vampire replied, catching the human off guard.

Ellie moved away from her spot, wrapping her arms around Carlisle's waist. She pulled him into a very tight hug, while he hugged her back in return.

"I promise nothing is going to happen to me." She whispered in his ear.