chapter twelve ▬▬▬ graveyard

━━━━━ THE BRUNETTE LOOKED at the man that stood in front of her, as he stared back at her

      ━━━━━ THE BRUNETTE LOOKED at the man that stood in front of her, as he stared back at her. "Max Uley? Wait, are you Sam's cousin?" Ellie asked as the two walked away from the graveyard heading over to Max's car.

She looked at his features, noticing the beard that laid on his face, the dark hair complimented the rest of his face. Ellie thought the man was pretty cute too.

"I am. I also overheard him talking to Emily about how you come to the graveyard to talk to your parents." Max said, explaining himself.

"So that's how you knew I was here. Why are you here anyway?" She asked as she continued to look at his features.

"I wanted to meet you. Even before I moved here Sam talked about you a lot. I often thought you two would get married, but I guess I was wrong." Max replied leaning on his car.

"Yeah, that would have never happened. He's my best friend, as is Emily. So were you planning to give me a ride?" Ellie asked him as she looked at his car, however, she did not want a ride from him given that she had just met him.

Max lifted his hand up to the back of his neck rubbing a small area of his neck. "I mean only if you need a ride." Max responded, smiling slightly.

"Ugh, I don't know I mean I just met you and stuff." Ellie spoke as another car pulled into the parking lot. The two watched as Carlisle stepped out of the car.

"What are you doing here?" Ellie asked.

"You wanted to pick me to pick you up, remember?" Carlisle asked her as he looked at Max.

"Right, I do remember. Well, Max, it was nice to meet you." Ellie said, walking over to Carlisle's car.

She smiled slightly, opening the door and getting in. Not long after Carlisle got in and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Why did you really come here?" Ellie asked, looking over at him.

"Alice had a vision, someone followed you to the graveyard and it ended badly." Carlisle explained as they drove back to her house.

"I can not wait to meet Alice. Wait, so did she see me coming? Like to the hospital?" Ellie asked, putting the pieces together.

"Yes she did. But I didn't want to believe her." Carlisle explained looking over at Ellie.

"But now you do?" Ellie asked, trying to understand everything that was happening.

"Yes, I do. When I saw you it's like time stopped ticking and you and I were the only two people in the room." Carlisle explained looking back at the ride as they started to come upon Charlie's house.

"It's funny that you say that, cause I felt that same way and I'm pretty sure that's why I passed out." Ellie explained.

Carlisle pulled into the small driveway that Charlie owned. Looking over Ellie and Carlisle watched as Bella waved at them and eventually got back to cleaning her truck.

"Why don't we do that meet and greet tomorrow at my place? Edward wants to bring Bella over as well, I figured it would be good if you came with them and we went from there." Carlisle explained looking over at her.

"Alright, it sounds good to me. I'll see you tomorrow and thanks for the ride, Carlisle." Ellie said, stepping out of the car.

"You're welcome." Carlisle replied.

He watched as she ran over to Bella hugging her tightly, placing a smile on his face he pulled out and left.

"How'd your running day go?" Bella asked Ellie as she began to walk over to the steps.

"Oh it was good, someone tried to chase after me, I ran into a friend, and then Carlisle showed up. I'd said it's been a pretty successful day." Ellie explained as Bella nodded in response.

She watched as Bella placed her earphone back in her ear to listen to her music. Shaking her head she walked into the house grabbing a cup and filling it up with water. Turning around with the cup still in her hand she walked back to the front door to open it, noticing Edward and Bella talking back and forth.

"What are you two talking about?" Ellie asked, looking down at the truck. "And I see Edward got the dent out." She added.

"I'm going to come pick you two up tomorrow to meet the family." Edward said looking over at Ellie who smiled back in response. She and Bella watched as his features suddenly changed.

"What is it?" Bella asked him.

"Complication." Edward responded looking back at Bella. "I'll pick you both up tomorrow." Edward added walking over to his car. Ellie and Bella watched as Edward left driving past Billy's truck.

"He's a keeper, Bella." Ellie said, Bella smiled at her as she took a sip of her water.

The two watched as Billy pulled in. Ellie looked at Jacob as he climbed out of his father's truck heading to the back to grab the wheelchair for Billy.

"Hey. Come to visit your truck?" Bella asked, while Jacob pulled his father out of the mud. Ellie watched as a smile filled Jacobs' face.

"Looks good. Got that dent out." Jacob said, handing his father two bags.

"Yeah." Bella replied looking back at where the dent used to be.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat-screen. First Mariners games of the season. Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing you again." Billy explained.

"Great, dad. Thanks." Jacob replied looking down at his father.

"Just keeping it real, son." Billy replied back.

Ellie looked away from them, watching as Charlie came up behind them.

"Vitamin R." Charlie spoke coming into sight.

"Well done, Chief. Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry." Billy said, handing the bags to Jacob and taking the beer from Charlie.

Ellie turned around heading in front of them and opening the door. After everyone was in the house Ellie left them and went back to her room getting changed and going to sleep.