chapter twenty-four ▬▬▬ a rough day

━━━━━ IT HAD BEEN a few hours since Ellie had disappeared, Bella had since been found but they were still looking for Ellie

━━━━━ IT HAD BEEN a few hours since Ellie had disappeared, Bella had since been found but they were still looking for Ellie. The same search party that had been looking for Bella had now been looking for Ellie, they hoped they'd find her alive too. Charlie told Bella to stay home in case Ellie showed up there.

Astrid was the one to notice that Ellie hadn't left, simply because she had a gut feeling telling her that Ellie was in danger. Before the search party had gotten there Astrid went to see if Ellie was still at the store, once she had gotten her answer she called Charlie letting him know that Ellie's car was at the bookstore with her things in it but she was nowhere to be seen.

She went back home to grab a few things she would need and once she had gotten them she drove back to the bookstore. As she pulled closer to the bookstore she saw numerous flashing lights and a few other various cars that belonged to other people.

Charlie stood in the center of the circle and a few other groups headed out to search for Ellie, while some other groups came back to inform Charlie that they found nothing in the areas they had searched.

"This can't be good." Astrid said speaking to herself, she stopped her car turning it off and she exited out into the cold weather. She then walked over to the group, she noticed the Blacks and the Uley's as well as a few others that surrounded Charlie.

"Hey, how is everything going?" Astrid asked as she came to a stop next to Charlie. He looked over at her, as she stared at the maps that rested on the hood of the car.

"Search groups have gone out but still haven't found El. I just hope she's okay." Charlie said, giving the information to Astrid.

She looked around the group, mostly towards Billy Blake who knew what she was. He nodded his head finding the chance to distract Charlie so she could make her escape. Charlie's eyes fell onto Billy who had been telling him that Ellie would be okay. With that Astrid turned sprinting for the woods.

Once she was out of the human's view she shifted into a large silver wolf, one of her many forms. Ellie walked around the woods, trying to find the way out of the never ending woods. She was tired and exhausted, and she didn't remember much of what had happened to her after Carlisle had left but she was in a huge amount of pain, she only wanted it to disappear.

Ellie brought her hands to her arms, rubbing them up and down attempting to keep herself warm until she could escape the woods. Astrid had finally caught Ellie's scent, and began running deeper into the wood. Coming to a stop she transformed back into her human form, zipping her jacket up she continued to move through the woods on foot until she finally found Ellie.

Astrid moved closer towards Ellie, lifting her hand up she placed it on Ellie's shoulder. Ellie, not entirely aware of what was going to happen, unknowingly used her powers to push Astrid into a tree. The brunette turned around in her tracks, seeing Astrid slowly rising from the ground.

"Oh, my gosh. I'm so sorry Astrid. I thought you were something else. I've really had a rough day." She spoke running over to her.

"It's fine. What was that?" Astrid asked her, even though she had a small idea of what her gift might be.

Astrid knew that she would have to wait, and hoped that Ellie would eventually become a vampire so her gift could make it's full appearance.

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. All I really know is that something weird has been happening to me since I was a kid." Ellie explained, Astrid nodded her head understanding what Ellie was saying.

"How did you find me anyway?" She proceeded to ask her.

"It's a long story, of which you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you." Astrid lied, she wanted to tell Ellie why she was really there but she needed to gain her trust first, and she had to make sure the Cullen's were out of the way so she could tell her. "We should get you back. Charlie, and a ton of other people are searching for you." Astrid said, wrapping her arm around Ellie to keep her warm.

"Right." The two began to walk through the woods.

Charlie had just gotten back from searching his area, and there was still no sign of Ellie, he didn't understand where she could have gone this time of night. Billy looked towards his friend, seeing the stress that covered his face.

"I still don't know why this is happening. Why would the Cullen's even leave town in the first place?" Charlie questioned as she looked down at the map.

"They're going to find El, and bring her home. Wherever she is, I'm sure she's safe." Billy said, completely ignoring what Charlie had said about the Cullen's.

Billy looked past Charlie to see more people coming out of the woods that included his son, Sam, and Max. Meanwhile Ellie stood to hold herself up as the cold air hot her body. Ellie looked over at Astrid who stared forward as they passed the trees.

"I don't think I'll be coming into work the following day. I know the store is closed tomorrow, but do you mind running the store the following day?" Ellie asked, sparking another conversation between each other.

"I'm fine with that. I have a set of keys now, so I think I'll be good." Astrid replied, sending the brunette a small but sweet smile.

"Thank you!" Ellie said as they finally came out of the woods.

Ellie looked around the area seeing a large amount of cars and people surrounding the area. Charlie turned around a bright smile falling one his face as he saw Astrid holding onto Ellie. He ran away from the group, a few others following behind him as well.

Charlie wrapped his arms around Ellie, hugging her tightly. Afford looked over at Billy who had been one of the people to follow behind Charlie. He sent her a small nod, thanking her for finding Ellie and saving her.

"Please, don't ever do that to me again. I thought I lost you, I can't lose you." Charlie breathed out loud enough for the words to be heard by the surrounding group.

Ellie smiled in return pulling away from the hug. "I'll try not to. Can we go home now?" Ellie asked, practically begging to get out of the cold air.

"Yeah. Let's go home." Charlie said, pulling her close to him. Charlie looked back at Astrid, "thank you." He mouthed to her. Astrid sent him a nod soon following behind them but closer with the pack of wolves so she could talk to them.

"Does she know?" Billy questioned, starting a conversation with Astrid.

"No, she doesn't." Afraid simply replied.

"When are you going to tell her?" Sam asked, looking over at the woman.

"When the time is right." Astrid replied once again, watching as Charlie got Ellie into the car.

"When will that be?" Billy asked her, trying to get the answers he needed.

"Not for a while." She stated, stopping to look down at Billy. "Now that the Cullen's are gone, I have a better chance of telling her without the chance of Alice Cullen telling her. Most likely she already saw something. But the chances of that are slim to none. When the time is right I will tell Ellie who I am and why I'm here." Astrid said, and with those last words she turned away walking towards her car.