chapter sixteen ▬▬▬ the nomads

━━━━━ ELLIE LOOKED BACK at Alice, still unsure of what the vampire was looking at

      ━━━━━ ELLIE LOOKED BACK at Alice, still unsure of what the vampire was looking at. "Stop!" Alice yelled, Emmett looked towards her while Edward looked towards the woods.

Ellie only assumed that Alice had a vision and that had been why the game came to a stop. Esme pushed back towards Ellie and Bella as the group ran back towards them surrounding the two humans.

Edward came to a stop next to Alice looking at her, "they were leaving. Then they heard us." Alice explained to the group.

"Let's go." Edward said, grabbing Bella and Ellie.

The brown haired women could tell that Edward already cared for her, that meant something to her.

"It's too late. They have to stay." Carlisle said, looking over at Ellie with a sad look on his face.

He wanted nothing more than to get both Ellie and Bella out of here, but he knew nothing could be done.

"Get your hair down." Edward told the two looking between them.

Ellie lifted her hand pulling her hair down from her cap allowing it to fall over her shoulders, Bella did the same thing.

"Like that'll help. I can smell them from across the field." Rosalie retorted.

Carlisle walked past Ellie, as Jamie walked towards her standing next to her. The group gathered close to the humans, as the nomads walked out of the woods, fog helping them make a dramatic entrance.

The three nomads came to a stop looking at the clan, "I believe this belongs to you." The one with an accent spoke, lifting the ball up, throwing it over to Carlisle who caught it in his hand.

"Thank you," the blonde haired vampire replied.

"I am Laurent. And this is Victoria," Laurent paused as Victoria nodded her head slightly. "And James." Laurent said, introducing themselves to the clan. Ellie watched as James tilted his head looking between herself and Bella. "Hello." Laurent said, looking at each of the members.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle told them Ellie scanned the vampires that stood in front of them.

"Our apologies." Laurent replied, looking around at the family. "We didn't realize that the territory had been claimed." Laurent added.

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle informed him.

"Really?" Laurent asked, tilting his head towards James, who also tilted his head, keeping eye contact with Edward. "Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." Laurent explained to them as Ellie looked over at James watching him.

She moved closer to Jamie, but still stood close to Edward and Bella. She wanted to push forward towards Carlisle, but she knew that wasn't happening, especially not with the threat of other vampires.

"The humans were tracking us but we led them east. You should be safe." Victoria explained, while Carlisle gave the vampire a slight nod.

"Excellent," he replied, looking between the three. Anxiety began to bundle up inside Ellie as she looked over at James.

"So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asked the blonde vampire. Alice moved her eyes towards Carlisle waiting for a response as Rosalie looked at him. "Come on. Just one game." Laurent added with a smile on his face.

"Sure. Why not?" Carlisle replied looking at his family, then towards Ellie and Bella. He turned his head back towards the nomads, nodding his head. "A few of us were leaving. You could take their places. We'll bat first." Carlisle said, throwing the ball towards Laurent causing Victoria to intercept it.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball." Victoria told them.

"Well, I think we can handle that." Jasper responded as Laurent and Victoria got excited. The group turned around, Carlisle making his way over to Ellie who stopped him, Jamie stayed close by.

"I'll go back with Bella and Edward." Ellie spoke looking at him.

Carlisle nodded his head in response watching as Ellie looked over towards James who had been staring at her, Bella and Edward. He began to turn around as the wind blew causing Bella and Ellie's scent rushing towards James.

"You brought snacks." James said, moving closer towards the three.

Edward pushed Bella back towards Ellie as Jamie and Esme pushed the two girls behind them. Carlisle moved to the front of Edward, while Emmett, Rosalie came up on one side of Carlisle. While Alice pushed herself in front of Edward, Jasper followed right behind her. Laurent and Victoria came back standing next to James as he licked his lips.

"Humans?" Laurent asked, eyes falling onto Carlisle.

"The girls are with us." Carlisle spoke, looking between the three. "I think it best if you leave." He continued to stare at them, waiting for them to leave. James looked at Bella then averted his eyes over to Ellie.

"I can see the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent replied, backing up slowly holding his hands out. "James." Laurent called.

James withdrew, turning around as Victoria withdrew as well moving closer to James, who wrapped his arm around her neck placing his face in her hair so he could look back at Bella and Ellie. The two started to walk away as Laurent looked at them slowly turning around.

"Get Bella and El out of here." Carlisle said, looking over at Ellie who started to run to the Jeep. "Go." Carlisle said, turning Edward towards Bella.