chapter forty-four ▬▬▬ frozen

━━━━━ ELLIE SAT IN the backyard of the Cullen's house taking in the scenery and the different sounds that came from the creatures of the night

━━━━━ ELLIE SAT IN the backyard of the Cullen's house taking in the scenery and the different sounds that came from the creatures of the night. Carlisle had been inside talking to Esme and Jamie about what Ellie had told him the previous day.

It had been night time, but Ellie felt calm being outside at night. She turned around when she heard movement from in the house, looking up she saw Bella and Edward walking into the kitchen where Carlisle stood. Esme and Jamie were no longer with him.

Standing up from the steps she turned around and walked over to the door opening it, walking inside she headed over to Bella standing next to her as Carlisle wrapped her hand.

"It's just a sprain. It should heal fairly quickly." Carlisle told her as Emmett and Jasper walked into the room.

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Emmett asked as he sat on the table. Bella laughed slightly looking at Emmett.

"I punched a werewolf in the face." Bella answered.

Ellie wasn't surprised to say the least, Jacob always found a way to piss Edward off. "Badass. You're gonna be one tough little newborn." Emmett told her, causing a smirk to fall onto her face.

"Tough enough to take you on." Bella replied.

Ellie rolled her eyes at the comment looking over at Rosalie as she slammed the newspaper on the table, got up and walked out of the house. Bella looked back at Rosalie as the door closed, turning her head back around she looked at Emmett.

"Don't worry about it." Emmett replied.

"Got any leads?" Edward asked, changing the subject.

Bella looked over at Ellie, then Bella looked past her to look at Rosalie. Grabbing her hand she led Ellie out to Rosalie as the three stood outside while the guys talked. Ellie followed behind Bella, she was the first to exit out of the house, followed by Ellie. She closed the door, and moved away from the glass door.

"Go blather to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn." Rosalie said.

The blonde vampire barely looked at the brunettes, Ellie couldn't tell if Rosalie liked her or not. She knew that Rosalie wasn't a fan of Bella. But, Ellie knew that line was mostly directed towards Bella, but she still wanted to know why she didn't want Bella or Ellie to become vampires, even if Ellie didn't want that life yet.

"Okay... Rosalie, I don't understand what I did to make you hate me so much."

Ellie looked over at her. Neither of them could see the emotion that the blonde vampire had on her face.

"Hate... I don't hate you, and I don't hate Ellie either." Rosalie told the two looking back at them. "I don't particularly like either of you, but... Bella, Ellie, I envy you." Rosalie told them, looking down at her hands. Ellie looked at Bella confused just as she was.

"What?" Bella asked. "That's ridiculous." Bella told her.

"No, it's not. You both have a choice. I didn't. None of us did. But you do, both of you do, and you're choosing wrong." Rosalie told them as she turned her head to look back at them. "I don't care how miserable your human life is." Rosalie added.

"My life is not miserable." Bella said as she walked up to her. Ellie followed behind Bella walking to the other side of Rosalie looking at Bella. "I mean, it's not perfect. Nobody's life is perfect." Bella explained to her.

Rosalie laughed at her comment. "Mine was. Absolutely perfect. There were things I still wanted, to be married, with a nice house and a husband to kiss me when he came home, a family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town." Rosalie began to explain to the two brunettes.

"I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late. I wasn't far from home. They left me in the street, thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me. He smelled all the blood. Thought he was helping me." Rosalie explained as Ellie looked into the house at Carlisle as he talked back and forth with the boys.

"I'm sorry." Bella spoke.

"I got my revenge on them. One at a time. Saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then." She replied, taking a pause. "Things got better after I found Emmett." Rosalie proceeded to tell them.

"But we'll always be this. Frozen. Never moving forward. That's what I miss the most. Possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett, gray-haired, by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren. Their laughter." She explained further staring into the trees.

"I understand that, that's what you want. But there's nothing I'm ever gonna want more than Edward." Bella told her.

"You're wrong again." Rosalie replied looking over at her. "After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more, one thing you'll kill for. Blood." Rosalie explained.

She looked back at Ellie, then back at Bella. Rosalie and Bella made their way back into the house leaving only Ellie outside. The door opened again, causing Ellie to turn around and look at Carlisle.

He smiled and walked over to her pulling her closer to him and wrapping his arms around her waist. Ellie did the same thing, wrapping her arms around his waist and lowering her head onto Carlisle's chest.

"Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I can just feel it." Ellie said, closing her eyes. Carlisle smiled, placing his chin on top of her head, listening to the bugs.