curious

"Allow me to assist you."

The girl took the beautiful stranger's hand. He helped her up and led her back to his camp. The walk there was short and silent. Upon arrival, she took a look at the camp. It was inside a perfectly shaped cave. Full of books and all sorts of tools. Tools used for alchemy. There was a girl inside, her hair was green and she wore round glasses.

"Sucrose, I found this girl outside, won't you help her warm up?"
"Yes, Mr. Albedo!" She reponds.

The girls name is Sucrose, and her saviors name was Albedo? Interesting names. She watched as the girl approached her. Sucrose put one arm around her to help her stand.

"Come this way, we'll sit by the fire and I'll prepare you something to eat."

The ice forming at her fingertips began to melt. Warmth surrounded her. She sighed, hours of wandering and now she can rest. Sucrose came by shortly after and offered her a glass of water. Excitedly, she accepted and chugged like her life depended on it. Finally, her throat was moist enough to speak. "Thank you," she whispered. "Thank you so much," she spoke louder this time.

"Can you tell me where I am?"
"You're in Dragonspine, how did you get here to begin with?"
"I'm- I'm not sure. I just woke up and I was here. I tried calling for help but my throat was too dry."
"I suppose I'll pry later. My name is Sucrose. What's yours?"
"My name is-" she paused, what was her name? She knew nothing of her past including such an important detail.
"I'm not sure, I can't remember anything, not even my own name," she spoke panicked.
"How odd. Do you know where you're from? Maybe we can find someone who knows your name. Mondstadt isn't too far from here."
"No, I dont know where I'm from"
The girl began to cry. How could she not remember anything? Did someone curse her to be this way? What could she have done to deserve it?

"If you can't remember anything, then you must be suffering of amnesia. However, I'm not sure if amnesia can get this bad. I wonder what could've  happened to cause this?"

The white haired boy returned with a plate of food.

"You nearly burnt your food, Sucrose. You're lucky I happened to smell it burning." He spoke.

"O-oh dear, I hope it's still good. I'm so sorry, miss!" She stammered with her cheeks bright with embarrassment.

"I'm really in no position to be picky! Thank you so much for the food!"

The boy turned to leave but not before the strange girl stopped him. She grabbed him by the coat.

"Thank for saving me. I'm not sure what I would've done if you hadn't found me"

"You're welcome, though it was no trouble. It was only one hilichurl."

"Hilichurl? Is that what that was?"

The boy furrowed his brow. "Do you really not know? Where are you from?"

"I don't know."

"Mr. Albedo, it seems she suffers from a severe case of amnesia. I think it'd be best to take her back to Monstadt to see Barbara. She doesn't even remember her name."

"Well then, I'll bring her to Monstadt myself."

"Are you sure, Mr. Albedo? What about your research? I can make the trip myself."

"No need, I'm curious to see how this odd situation turns out."