guilt

Cecilia borrowed the changing room in order to wear her new outfit. She felt beautiful in it. She twirled around several times in front of Albedo and Klee. She couldn't help but feel excited when she wore a new outfit.

They picked up some other necessities at a general store. Like a toothbrush and such. Cecilia felt guilty the whole way through, naturally. After a day full of shopping, Albedo decided it was finally time for work.

He has Cecilia accompany her as he wanted to do some research regarding her predicament. Klee was left with Jean in charge of her. Cecilia sat herself in an empty chair in the workshop.

"Cecilia, would you prefer to remember your past or forget it?"

"I'd prefer to remember."

"Even if this unknown God hurts you?"

Cecilia stopped and thought for a moment. Would she prefer to keep her memories forgotten? If she did she'd be able to stay with Albedo. And get to know him better. If she chose to remember she'd be able to get back to her lover. Although, in turn some God would kill her in the worst ways possible.

"I dont think I can answer that question yet."

"I was thinking, if this God was angered over a dream you had no control over. What would happen, should you dream of the past again? Something worse than a nightmare? I thought perhaps I can create something that would either suppress those memories or give you a dreamless sleep altogether."

"Ah, is that possible?"

"That's what experimenting is for. In order to find out."

There was some silence in the room as Albedo read through some more books. Cecilia thought hard about this. She was leaning towards suppressing her memories but... she couldn't forget about that lover. He must have been waiting for her. She was missing and living with another man. He must be worried.

Albedo looked up at her and spoke, "is something wrong?"

"Um, no, there's nothing."

Albedo got up and walked towards her he knelt in front of her and held his hand to her face. "Tell me what the problem is, please."

Cecilia felt her heart flutter but she also felt guilt. She took Albedo's hand and moved it away from her.

"Nothings wrong," she spoke in a near whisper. Albedo narrowed his eyes. He looked as though he wanted to speak but in the end, he repented and chose not to say anything. He got up and walked away. Why did I do that? Albedo thought. The issue was, he wasn't thinking at all he just did it. He didn't process what he'd done until she moved his hand away. He made her uncomfortable. 

Meanwhile, in Cecilia's mind. She thought of what'd just happened. She wanted to enjoy Albedo's presence, but she couldn't ignore the guilt she felt. It wasn't right for her to flirt with Albedo while her lover must have been searching for her. If only she could remember who he was. She felt as though she were a horrible person. Sucrose walked in suddenly. 

"I'm here to help! Just tell me what to do." She spoke before noticing the tension in the room. 

"There's something she's not telling me. Maybe she'll be willing to speak with you."

Cecilia turned away, she didn't want to share her thoughts with anyone. What would they think of her if they knew she abandoned her past lover? She was selfish, it seems. Would it be selfish to hope the lover was an ex lover? She wondered, then she'd be able to move onto someone new without feeling such guilt. 

It was impossible for her to know unless she remembered him. 

"I feel guilty."