our best lies

Albedo breathed heavily as he tried to regain his composure. He was sat on the floor, having been pummeled rather heavily. Barbara rushed to bring aid to the alchemist as he thought up what to say to the acting grand Master.

"I haven't got all day." No one's seen Jean this furious before. It must be rather stressful having infighting within the Knights. Still, Albedo explained the situation the best he could while Barbara treated his injuries.

Jean only sighed in response and Cecilia felt like retreating into a turtle shell. Never once did she think she'd be a cheater. Not once in her life. And it was embarrassing now that everyone knew of it. It was her own fault for letting this all happen and she knew that. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with it, however.

"I'm rather disappointed in all three of you. This could have been solved so easily!"

Jean didn't know how to feel. This love triangle was something out of the novels she read but it was rather frustrating when it was her own Knights. She held her fingers to the bridge of her nose, this was stressful.

"I'm putting the both of you on probation. You both had better have this resolved by the time you're off it."

Too disappointed for words Jean left the room. She had to search for Kaeya and have a chat with him next.

The crowd began to disperse. Seeing as the situation had calmed, there was nothing left to see. Albedo sighed, this was a lot.

"This was my fault, I'm sorry." He said to Cecilia.

"No! It's mine, I knew it was wrong and I still did it."

"Maybe you're both at fault?" Barbara interrupted. "It was wrong of the both of you."

They both looked off to the side. She was right. Albedo was already usually a loner so he didn't mind people thinking negatively of him. Still, this probation meant he no longer had access to his workshop. And Cecilia on the other hand was very concerned of how people would see them now. No one likes a cheater and no one likes a homewrecker. She was willing to let people think these things. Simply because no matter how hard she tried to be a good person. She did something wrong and she's going to deal with the repercussions.

The next day Cecilia was set to return home. Albedo stayed with her overnight. They stayed relatively silent, still thinking of what'd happened that day.

"Albedo?" Cecilia had a question, one everyone's been wondering about.

"Yes, flower?"

She gulps, "what now?"

"Well, what do you think?"

She thought for a second before looking to where Albedo sat on the ground. She was sat on a hospital bed with her knees brought up to her chest. She tapped her hands on her knees while thinking. It was hard to stay focused when there was so much to think about.

"Come sit with me. I doubt the floor is comfortable."

He smiled and without hesitation he went and sat with her. The smile soon faded, however.

Cecilia had somehow managed to become beloved by the citizens of Mondstadt despite her behavior. She's always been like this and she never liked it. She tried changing but it never went away.

"Dammit, I really am a bad person."

"Maybe you are. But I'm not exactly a good person either."

Realistically, wanting so desperately to be with someone like Cecilia would be really dumb. Yet, Albedo didn't care. He burned for her with a love stronger than anything he's ever felt. Stronger than even Durin's raw power. Even with the knowledge she cheated on Kaeya, and could potentially do it to him too. He didn't care so long as he could burn with her by his side.