are we friends?

"You know, I bet Klee would like to learn how to make those crowns of yours. It would be a none-explosive activity for her."

"None-explosive?"

"Ah, why don't you learn of her destructive power on your own? Anyhow, if it's alright with you. I'd like to ask, why were you so lonely in the past?"

"Well, I was being a little dramatic before. I wasn't THAT lonely but... as you know I'm rather talkative and people didn't like that. So they interrupted me or ignored me."

"And my friends would only hang out with me if there was no one else around. Or they would treat me like a pet because I was shy, too nervous to talk, so I just followed along with whatever."

"Your friends seem terrible. May I ask, how were you treated like a pet?"

"I was expected to follow them around but they wouldn't talk to me. Or sometimes girls would approach me and say 'wow you're so cute come sit with us do this and do that and oh my god you're like a mini us wow so cute.' It was super annoying."

"Of course, it got better after a while. I dropped anyone who ignored me and everything got better. And anyway, I'm here now so new people better friends! And so far so good I think." She paused for a moment before asking, "Albedo, are we friends?"

Albedo felt a little nervous as she asked. He felt butterflies. That's new, he thought. "Yes, we are," he smiled at Cecilia. She wouldn't be his only friend. Yet, for some reason it felt different.

"Good! I was hoping we would be!" Cecilia smiled and it made Albedo's stomach butterflies flutter.

"Oh, I just remembered. If I'm going to permanently stay here I can't just be a freeloader. How would I go about finding a job?"

"I'll make it easy for you. You can be my assistant. Even with no knowledge of alchemy you can help in small tasks."

"You're seriously way too generous... first you offer your home to me and then a job. You're too much, Albedo!" Cecilia smiled at him even more. She wouldn't stop smiling that beautiful smile.

This is one dangerous girl, he thought. To make him feel in such a way. He felt socializing was a troublesome task and yet he was willing to forget about that just for her.

Truly, how could that horrible lover leave her? How could all those people treat her horribly?

"So as your assistant what is my job description?"

"Chores essentially."

"Really?"

"Fetch this for me, fetch me that, do this, do that."

"That's simple enough. I'm looking forward to working for you, boss!"

Albedo chuckled as the girl saluted him. "Please don't call me that," he spoke. "Just Albedo will suffice."

"Very well, Albedo. As I recall, we left Starsnatch Cliff because I was hungry. And I never got any food. It's just been getting worse please help me." She spoke. She tried to say it in a joking manner as to not sound demanding. But she was starving.

"When Sucrose returns I'll have her bring you something to eat." He spoke as he went and sat at his desk. He hadn't noticed he'd just been standing around this whole time. He had work to do and he was being distracted.

Cecilia sat in an empty chair. She had many questions to ask the boy. But seeing how he began working she chose to keep quiet. Though, she itched to speak with him. Albedo noticed this and spoke, "you're allowed to speak, ya know."

"I just don't want to interrupt."

"It's alright. I'll manage. I'm listening."