infirmary

The room became silent, it was a sudden change. Yet, it brought much relief to Cecilia.

"Cecilia, I'm so sorry." Albedo reached a hand out towards her but she stopped him.

"No! I don't wanna hear it, I don't wanna hear anything. Please, just leave..."

Albedo closed his hand and silently left the room. If silence was what she needed, she'd happily give it to her. Kaeya hesitated to say something before following suit. The nuns watched them leave before going out as well. Barbara stayed back to make sure she was OK, then started to leave.

"Barbara! Wait, a moment. I'm sorry, I lied I don't want everyone to leave. Can you stay?" She looked at her with pleading eyes, "I can't be alone even if I want to."

Barbara smiled, happy to be there for her. "That was quite the display, wasn't it?"

"Yes," she spoke silently, "I wish they wouldn't have done that."

"I don't think Mr. Albedo was in the right but.... you must mean a lot for him to lose his temper in such a way."

"Everyone keeps telling me how different he is to me. I don't understand it, I never knew him before."

Barbara smiled warmly, "how do you feel? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, sore all over, but fine. You've helped all you can, already. I appreciate everything you've done."

"I'm only doing my job! But thank you." She blushed slightly. And Cecilia smiled in return.

She laid her head back on her pillow and fell asleep. Every now and again her sleep was disturbed by someone checking in. It was usually Barbara or another nun. At times she'd awake with new items by her bedside. Flowers, many many flowers. She couldn't tell if it's because people knew she loved them or because they're a standard "get well" gift.

Either way, she was grateful. Of course, they weren't the only things. There were plenty of cards and stuffed animals. But the ones that stood out most were a sketchpad with scorch marks and a music box.

She picked up the sketchbook and read the card that was sat on top of it.

"Cecilia, I apologize for what happened before. I asked Klee if she wanted to bring something for you. She wanted you to draw her some surprise images in her own sketchbook. She loves when I leave her surprise drawings, so it's your turn to leave her something.

Albedo's signature was neatly scribbled underneath the note. Accompanied by a sloppy, misspelled "get well soon!" From little Klee. Cecilia smiled.

She opened the book to find many colorful drawing, pages full of scribbles and poorly drawn people. Some pages were torn out, others full of ash. And of course she ran into some of the sketches Albedo left behind for Klee. They were neat, well drawn. They were all either random animals, people, or beautiful sceneries.

Cecilia sighed, Klee would probably appreciate it all the same but she worried her sketches would be mediocre compared to Albedo's. But if it was what Klee wanted... well. She put aside the book for the time being and picked up the music box. There was no card attached to it. But it played a beautiful tune. She knew who'd given it to her, afterall it played a song that portrayed a tale of a princess. Whether the princess had a prince or pirate attached at the arm didn't matter. It was beautiful.

It had been a day since she came into the infirmary. And Barbara peeked inside, "how are you feeling today?"

"The same as yesterday."

"So awful? But you're going to tell me you're fine right?" Barbara entered the room as she spoke. Hands full of medicine and bandages.

Cecilia laughed and sarcastically responded, "how'd you know? I thought I was lying so good."

Barbara laughed and began treating Cecilia. Almost immediately she felt better. Pain relievers work wonders.

Every day Cecilia's friends would come visit her. Albedo, Kaeya, Amber, Sucrose. All very important people to her. She was still upset with Albedo and Kaeya for their argument but she was always one to forgive rather quickly.

On her final day in the infirmary, all four of them came to visit her at once. Amber rushed over to her and gave her a light squeeze.

"You're almost out of here! Isn't this exciting?"

"It is! I can't wait to get out! I wanna go outside and lay in the grass and flower fields instead of laying in this stuffy room."

The three girls laughed and talked to each other happily, meanwhile the boys were silent. Unhappy to be in each other's presence. Everyone else noticed, of course. But it was something they had to work amongst themselves. Cecilia had spoken to them separately, now it was up to them to make up.

"Kaeya has been really worried about you! Everyone in the Knights has noticed. It's kind of sweet."

Sucrose smiles, "it's the same with Mr. Albedo."

"Wow, it must be nice having so many people care about you." Amber sighs happily. And Cecilia laughs.

"Well, I'm grateful to everyone who's been here for me. That means you all!"

Kaeya sighed and silently left the room, Cecilia watched as he did but chose to stay silent. Albedo only gave him a side glance.

"I wish everyone could just get along. It must suck seeing Albedo and Kaeya argue, huh?"

Cecilia smiled awkwardly, she wasn't willing to talk to about it any longer. For just a few hours the 3 girls talked happily while Albedo only sat in silence. Cecilia waited for him to say at least one thing, but he wouldn't. She constantly glanced at him only to find him staring into space. He held his head in the palm of his hand, in deep thought?

"It's getting kind of late and I'm tired, sorry if it's rude but I'd like to get some sleep now."

"It's not rude! We understand!" Amber exclaimed happily.

"You needn't feel so guilty about these sort of things. Have a good night!" And the girls left.

Albedo slowly began to leave before being interrupted, "not you!" Cecilia said.