soothing being

"Calm down first, then tell me what happened."

Albedo's soothing voice and the way his hand rubbed her back was enough to calm her down. Slowly, she let go of him. Embarrassed by her sudden actions. She thought back to her nightmare. Who was it that spoke to her? What was it that she wished for?

"Did you have a nightmare? I'll stay with you when you get sleepy that helps me when I have a nightmare."

Cecilia smiled at the small girl. She felt guilty for waking her up. Klee and Albedo both. It must have been so worrying for the both of them. Her first night there and she was already being a terrible roommate.

"Klee, why don't you bring her a glass of water?"

"Okay, I'll be quick though." Klee looked back at Cecilia with worried eyes before shutting the door.

"Why don't you tell me what happened? What didn't I save you from?"

"I'm sorry for waking you, so late at night too. It was only a nightmare."

Albedo sighed before sitting down next to her on the bed. He rubbed his eyes, he was tired and she interrupted his rest. She'd be feeling this guilt for days.

"It's really no trouble. I'm used to staying by Klee's side when she has a nightmare. I've taken you in so it will be no different for you. I'll stay until you feel better."

"You really shouldn't have to. I'm no child, I can handle a simple nightmare."

"You avoided my questions. What happened in your nightmare?"

She paused a moment before deciding to tell him. She makes sure to exclude her lover.

"It was terrible. I've never felt so terrified in my life."

Albedo sat silent, thinking. The curious part of him wanted to investigate the voice Cecilia heard. But he also wanted to comfort her and let her rest more. Cecilia noticed this behavior.

"I guess you wanna investigate, huh?"

He looked up at her, "you're right, but I'll restrain myself. Your well-being is far more important."

They sat in silence for a moment.

"You look nice with your hair down like that, by the way."

Albedo smiled, "my hair is a mess and you think it looks nice?"

"A messy head looks nice on some people. But in general it's nice when it's down."

"I appreciate the compliment. I couldn't help but notice you fell asleep in your regular clothes. I suppose we should find you more changes of clothes as well as something to sleep in."

"I hadn't even thought of that. The moment I sat down I fell asleep."

Albedo chuckles, "we'll work on getting you some more necessities in the morning before I go off to work."

Klee comes back in with her glass of water.

"Took you long enough." Albedo teases her and boops her nose.

"The glasses were too high and I couldn't find the step stool!"

She hands Cecilia the glass of water. Cecilia drinks her water and thinks.

"I guess you were right about the coping stuff. I'm left alone and the first thing that happens is I have a nightmare."

"I do want to make one thing clear for you before you go back to sleep." Albedo speaks

"What is it?"

Not wanting to say it in front of Klee, so she wouldn't make any assumptions. He leans in to whisper in Cecilia's ear.

"I will never not come to your rescue."

Cecilia's face turns a bright shade of red and Klee notices.

"Hey! Quit flirting!"