lonely

"I remember" she spoke. 

Albedo and Sucrose looked over at her, Albedo spoke first.

"What did you remember."

"My family. My lover. Not everything, just my family and him. Some events, that's about it. But that's fine. That's all I needed to remember. I know now, I'm not from this world but she said I can't go back home." She trembled as she spoke. "I remember how happy I felt with him because he paid attention to me. And it felt like he really cared for me when no one else did. And I remember that he broke up with me because I was 'too annoying.'"

"I remember him so well, how we met. I'm surprised he even asked me out. We were gonna get married in maybe two years. But he left because I couldn't control myself. Ahhhh why am I oversharing?? I'm so sorry hah." She said nervously. 

"I guess the goddess is more important, right? She wouldn't tell me who she was. She said I was allowed to remember my family but nothing else. And nothing you can do will help me remember anything. So let's just forget about that stuff. I know what I need to know now." once she finished she smiled, solemnly.

"Cecilia..." Sucrose spoke. 

"Oh yeah, no name either. So I guess Cecilia will be my permanent name." 

Albedo walked over to her, "would you like to go for a walk?"

"Hm? I guess a walk is fine." 

"It'll be a long walk, very very long."

"By who's standards?"

"Yours probably." 

"Fine, but with frequent breaks!" 

"Of course." 

They departed, leaving Sucrose behind. The walk was in fact long. For him it seemed to be no problem, but for Cecilia it was incredibly tiring. She lacked stamina and leg strength due to the lack of exercise in her past. She was so relieved when Albedo said they'd arrived. 

"This is Starsnatch Cliff. Cecilias grow here, I thought you'd like to see them." 

She looked around and sure enough, there was an abundance of them. A few other flowers scattered here and there. Ones she recognized, some she didn't. For example; poppies and daisies. She smiled, she sat down in a patch of poppies and began to pick them. She braided them into more flower crowns, with some daisies and cecilias here and there. She was thankful Albedo brought her there. 

It helped her calm down, the wind blowing in her hair. The sight of dozens of flowers. It was a lovely area. It helped her collect her thoughts as well. How he knew it'd help, she didn't know. Maybe he was observant enough to notice she liked flowers. During their trip back to Mondstadt, she recalled she made plenty of flower crowns. Though, he was always sketching during those breaks, she wouldn't have thought he'd notice something like that. Naturally, on occassion she was the subject of those drawings. A beautiful girl picking flowers and braiding them, how wouldn't he notice? When all he did was look, only when she was distracted. 

Albedo watched her braid her crowns. She worked quick, she already had a pile of them sitting next to her. He walked over and knelt down next to her. He picked one up and placed it on her head. She looked up and him and he smiled at her. He knew she was in pain, she disguised it with happiness. She did it the previous day. It's hard for one to tell when she herself didn't realize she was masking. However, knowing the circumstances he was able to pick that up rather quick. 

"Thank you for bringing me here."

How could that horrible ex-lover of hers leave over something she couldn't help?