switching perspectives

"Cecilia..."

Brows creased and soft panting as he laid his head in his arms. Though, his fists were clenched as he dreamt of soft skin and gentle touches. Quiet moans escaped from his mouth.

This carried on as he slept. Eventually, being interrupted.

"Mr. Albedo, I've returned. I've finished setting up the scavenger hunt as you asked."

He slightly jumped and raised his head to look at Sucrose. "A-ah I'm sorry, I was unaware you were asleep I should have been more aware."

Albedo turned red once he processed what his dream had been about. He debated getting up from the table before realizing the table was better for hiding the.... situation.

"Thank you, Sucrose. But I'd like a moment to compose myself."

Sucrose quickly takes note of the redness in his cheeks and simply says, "a-ah! Are you feeling alright, Mr. Albedo? You seem to be feverish!"

She starts to rush over before Albedo thrusts his hands out, indicating for her to stop moving. "I'm alright, Sucrose! I just need a moment to myself. The redness- it's from sleeping on my face, is all."

The girl slowly starts to realize why Albedo was so flustered and her face turned redder than it normally was.

"I-I'm so sorry for interrupting! I'll leave immediately!" She stuttered as she ran off. Albedo relaxed in his seat and sighed. "This is new..." he muttered to himself. "She really is too much for me."

Later on in the day when Albedo was calm. He moved on to sketching. He ventured into the mountain, trying to find something worth painting. As well as a distraction from what'd happened earlier. He kicked the snow at his feet as he walked, constantly sighing.

The same thoughts were consistently plaguing his mind. He suddenly stopped and huffed.

"I'm behaving like a child." He looked up to the sky and closed his eyes, feeling the wind blow on his face. "You're like a curse. You're beautiful and you're making me feel things I've never felt in my entire lifetime."

"Why did you have choose Kaeya of all people? What reasons could you possibly have, my flower."

He takes a long pause as a single thought pops into his head. "Why couldn't I be enough?"

...

"Why can't I be enough for you?" Tear stained cheeks as her single most important person turned his back on her. "You said you loved me a week ago, what happened to that?"

"I did love you! I still do at least a little bit but I think we've grown apart. The spark died."

"Did... I cause this?"

"No! I just can't keep up with you anymore. I'm sorry."

It was my fault that ended. I can't let that happen again. She shook her head, "aughhh what am I doing I'm supposed to be having fun."

She stared ahead to find Klee. Once she saw her she immediately caught up to her. As she caught up she held three flowers in her hand. The calla lily she and Klee had found before, a dandelion, windwheel aster, and a small lamp grass. All of them seemed off from their usual color and more artificial. Yet, they glowed in their own beautiful way.

It's almost like a crystal, she smiled.

The girls were currently walking towards the tip of Starsnatch Cliff. Cecilia smiled sadly, knowing this had somehow become 'their' spot.

Upon arrival to the very top, immediately a single cecilia stood out. Probably due to the fact it was the only cecilia growing at the tip of the cliff. It was the most beautiful flower of the bunch - it nearly made the human flower drop her small bouquet. When she got over her surprise she quickly went to pluck the flower from the ground. It felt delicate, yet she knew it would never break. Klee stood behind her, staring in awe at the cecilia.

"Isn't it beautiful, Klee?"

She didn't respond as she was still staring at the flower. Cecilia only smiled and looked back at where the flower once was. Right next to it was a letter addressed to Cecilia laid under a rock. The winds on the cliff were strong and somehow hadn't blown it away - even with the added weight. She picked up the letter but didn't open it. She'd read it later away from little Klee.

"It's getting late, let's go back home and find a nice place for these flowers."

The whole way Cecilia couldn't stop smiling and giggling to herself. She felt like a young girl in love. Her steps would sometimes turn into small skips. She held her bouquet close to her chest.

Just before entering Mondstadt Cecilia was speaking with Klee. Still giddy from her beautiful bouquet.

"What would you like for dinner today, Klee?"

"Hmmm. What if I cook tonight for you! I can do a yummy fisherman's toast!"

Before Cecilia had the time to respond a certain blue-haired knight made a sudden appearance. "Young Klee in the kitchen? While I trust your fisherman's toast I must make sure no bombs are allowed."

"Of course not! Big brother Albedo told me not to use my bombs around big sister just in case." She smiled happily as though proud she remembered that fact. As Cecilia smiled at Klee's precious smile, Kaeya took a look at the bouquet she held.

"What's this? Those petals look familiar."

"Albedo made these flowers. Aren't they lovely?"

"Hm, so the alchemist is trying to steal my princess, is he?"

Cecilia laughs, "of course not!"

He places an arm around Cecilia and smiles - with only a hint of sadness he wouldn't dare show the girl. "Good." He says.

The blue-haired pirate knight walks the pair of girls back home. Planting a forehead kiss on Cecilia. She closes the door without looking back.

Kaeya. An interesting character. Seeming to be the antagonist. He'd only been with the girl a few days and already he felt himself genuinely growing feelings for her. What started as a way to make Albedo jealous turned into something else. He'd try not to show it but he was disappointed in the fact that this wouldn't last. These feelings are only starting to blossom so he'd put them aside until they fully dissipate.

Truth be told, Kaeya wasn't a player as some may think. He showed it differently but he cared for the people he was with. He was too flirtatious, however, leading others to think otherwise.

"What I'm doing is only leading to heartbreak." He thought.