preparation

After the two had returned home they both took a nap. Cecilia was the first to awake and she prepared breakfast for the two. Klee was out playing and had already eaten. She was glad she was able to wake up before Albedo. Being able to cook for him made her incredibly happy.

"My debts will soon be repaid." She spoke out loud.

"What debts?" Albedo entered the room. "Surely, you don't mean the situation you've found yourself in, do you?"

"You keep saying I dont have to do anything. But I can't silently accept all your help. Allow me to help when possible."

"You already help as an assistant, is that not enough?"

"Well, that's a job. I get mora out of it. I wanna help without receiving anything in return."

He slowly walked up behind her, unknowingly a bit too close. "What are you making?"

Cecilia blushed at the lack of distance between the two, "Albedo you're too close."

"Hm?" He quickly realized just how closely he'd gotten to her and became flustered, "I hadn't realized, I apologize." He turned away and tried his best to hide his own blush.

"It's just an omelett, nothing too special."

She took the meals she prepped to the table where Albedo sat. He immediately began to eat the omelett.

"Your meals have started to bring me excitement. You're quite the talented chef."

"There's always someone better."

Albedo chuckled, "did Sucrose tell you? I did the same thing to her as you both are doing to me."

"What do you mean?"

"After several days and nights of an on-going experiment. I sent Sucrose on a seven day vacation."

"Several days? Like straight?"

"Yes."

"And I thought what you were doing now was bad. You should really take more breaks."

"Maybe I will," he smiled.

"Still, it's so sweet that you both care for each other so much! To force each other on vacations and such."

"Wasn't this vacation your idea?"

"Yeah, but I told you it was mostly Sucrose who helped."

"Regardless, it was your idea. Thank you for worrying about me but it really isn't necessary."

"You're such a hypocrite! I said similar stuff and you got mad at me and now here you are!" She laughed and Albedo smiled, "just because you say it fancier doesn't change what the words mean."

The two cleaned up the table after their shared breakfast. Once that was over with they set out to prepare for their vacation. Purchasing necessities, like food to prepare during their short trip. It wouldn't be for more than two days but preparation is key. Besides, Cecilia didnt own a sleeping bag.

During their shopping trip Captain Kaeya made a reappearance. During the month Cecilia had gotten accustomed to his presence and no longer hated him. Although, she still didn't like his flirtatious personality.

"What's going on here? Preparing for the honeymoon? And just when I thought you'd finally fallen for me, princess."

"What honeymoon? I told you not to call me princess."

" I think everyone knows there's something going on between the both of you. And now you've gone and eloped without saying anything."

"The only people getting married are you and your ego." She spoke, unphased by the words that would usually fluster her. Albedo simply snickered, the way she spoke to Kaeya always brought him laughter.

"Well, if you're not getting married how about I take you out? I'm fairly certain the pirate and princess is a common thing in storybooks." He wrapped an arm around her and suddenly Albedo was no longer snickering to himself. He stared intently out of the corner of his eye.

"A date? Sir Kaeya, I mean this with the utmost respect but I'd rather marry an apple before I even considered you."

"Ahh, such harsh words. Then, I'll ask again the next time I see you."

He grabs her hand and moves to lay a kiss on it. Albedo interrupts by taking her hand away, "I believe such an act would make your prey rather uncomfortable."

"Why do you all treat me so terribly?"

Cecilia laughs, "because it's funny!"

"Still, I didn't expect such treatment from you, Albedo. It seems the princess' ways of torture have rubbed of on you."

"Well, I must admit. It is quite the fun activity."

"How terrible! She's a terrible influence on you!"

"What are you talking about? I'm a wonderful influence. I'm full of joy and wonder."

"Heh, I have work to do so I'm leaving now. You'd better take me up on that date."

He walked away and Albedo watched as he did.

"What if I did take him up on that date. He's tall, I like that."

Albedo's eyes widened, "you're serious?"

"Oh, I was just wondering. It'd be fun to enter the dating arena. I have more of a chance in this world than I did in mine." She twirled her hair as she thought. "Besides, it'd only be one date!"

"I think we have everything we need; let's get going."

As they left the city of Mondstadt, Albedo stayed quiet. He had been lost in his thoughts. Wondering, what chance did he have? He wasn't going to make a move anytime soon as this was something new to him. But if he didn't do something she'd go off with someone else. Not to mention her previous statement, "He's tall, I like that." Albedo himself wasn't very tall; he was rather small. As for what went on in Cecilia's head...

She was considering going on that date, but only because she herself didn't feel it right to be with Albedo. She felt she was too much of a child and he'd seen that side of her. It was embarrassing.

Albedo could never think of her as a woman when he's seen how much of a child she could be. She was so incredibly overdramatic; she couldn't imagine Albedo falling for her.

If only she knew.