a new friend

The girl he named Cecilia.

The two sat on their bench and chatted a while. They spoke of the wonders of the world. Albedo informed Cecilia of the many creatures and life on this world. He introduced her to visions. To which, Cecilia was very interested. She hoped someday she'd be rewarded with her own vision.

Even if she didn't understand some of the things Albedo spoke of. She never lost interest. She enjoyed listening to him speak. His voice was soothing. This boy with the appearance of a prince was also equipped with such a lovely voice and an extensive amount of knowledge was simply dangerous. Dangerous for the poor girls heart. She always did fell in love too quickly. Not that she knows that, of course.

How uncharacteristic of the boy. To be so interested in a girl like her. He's never been so interested in another person. The only exception was Aether but it was different with this girl. He couldn't help but stare at her. The way she looked at him with such interest. It made him never want to stop talking. Of course, he wanted to hear her speak as well. But what can a girl with no memory speak of? Here's hoping there's something.

"Hello! You must be the girl with no memory! You're dressed rather odd so you must be her. Nice to meet you, I'm outrider Amber!"

The two were so invested in their conversation they jumped when Amber spoke.

"Whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya. I was told you didn't have a place to stay so I'm here to help with that."

"In that case, she's found somewhere. I apologize you wasted your time coming this way."

"Already? Well, that's fine. That's not all I'm here for afterall. I'm here to deliver this notebook as well. Totally free, for you write down stuff like Barbara told you to. Consider it a welcome to Monstadt gift from me!"

Cecilia chuckled, "thank you for this. I'll use it as much as I can. It's nice to meet you, Amber."

"Since you think she's dressed rather odd. Why don't you take her out shopping? These are the only clothes she has." Albedo spoke.

"Not to mention they're incredibly torn too." Amber hummed, "if you're up for it I'll be happy to take you shopping."

"Then, I'll leave her in your care. I have other matters to attend to in Monstadt. Erm," he reaches into his pockets and pulled out a little bag. "Here's some mora to help pay for the clothes."

The girl didn't say it out loud but; she wished he would go with her. Maybe it's the fact that he was responsible for the fact that she was still alive. She'd become attached, so quickly. She thought to herself, this is no good, if I get too clingy I'll end up pushing him away. She sighed and got up to go with Amber.

She seemed nice afterall, hopefully she'll make friends with her. "There's no need, Albedo. I've got it under control! Thank you, though."

Albedo narrows his eyes and gives the bag of mora to Cecilia. "Use this mora to pay." He said it as though there was no other option. He stood and left Cecilia with Amber. "Seriously, it really wasn't a big deal. Wonder why he was so insistent. Now then, let's get shopping and find you some brand new and clean clothes!"

On the way to a nearby shop, Amber thought. It's odd for Albedo to be out in public. She would have expected him to send this girl to Barbara with Sucrose. Rather than go himself. Not to mention the fact he was continuing to stay with her. Even offering to pay for her new clothes. It was odd and Amber was curious. She knew better than to pry so she left it be. That doesn't mean, however, that she won't be trying to find out why. She'll just do it in a subtle way.