nightmare

She slept, and she dreamed. Or at least, tried to dream. She was dreaming of something from her past but she saw nothing. It was hidden from her by a greater being. Her wish was granted but in exchange for her memory. It was now impossible for her to get back.

Her dream self, although unable to see or hear, was able to feel one small thing. A touch on her lips. A kiss bestowed upon her by a lover from the past. A lover she'd left behind and forgotten about.

The guilt she felt upon awakening. Was the guilt of having left him and her family behind. This lover no longer serves a purpose in her life. As the God made it impossible for her to remember and to return. The kiss was the final straw. The dream went from a foggy view to a clear and vivid image of Dragonspine.

She saw herself, laying unconscious in the snow. It was much more terrifying than she remembered it. The winds were harsh. It was a blizzard. There were monsters surrounding the area. Far more intimidating than that first hiluchurl.

It started with what looked a 10 hilichurls fused together to make a yeti. Then it was a machine that could easily step on her and squash her like a bug. And the biggest one of all was a dragon. They all stood staring at her. A voice called, "you wished to be brought here. I took your memory in return for granting your wish. I will not allow you to continue to peer into your past. Leave it forgotten or you will suffer my wrath."

In just 2 seconds the sea of monsters stood ahead of her roared and charged at her. She was frozen in place. Move, she called to her legs. But they wouldn't move. When she finally started to run it felt like she was making no progress. Curse these nightmares, they always make you lag when you run.

Inevitably, the monsters caught up to her. Starting with the hilichurls, they swung their clubs at her. And the nightmare wouldn't allow her to fight back. Slowly, one by one, the beasts began to gang up on her. She felt nothing but excruciating pain. Curled into a ball she laid in the snow. Eyes closed, she let the pumbling come.

When she opened her eyes, she saw Albedo in the distance. Staring, unmoving. He saved her before but now he only stood to watch. She tried calling out to him but no sound came out of her mouth. All she could do now was cry.

Albedo awoke from his own sleep. He heard screaming coming from the bedroom she sent Cecilia to. Klee came in running soon after.

"Big brother, whats happening? Who is screaming?"

Albedo quickly got out of bed and went straight to her bedroom. Klee came following. The both of them concerned for her well-being. Albedo opened the door and came rushing to her side. She was screaming and crying. He and Klee shook her to wake her up.

"Cecilia, wake up!" Both he and Klee shouted.

When her eyes shot open and she saw Albedo with eyes full of worry. She hugged him tightly without thinking.

"Why didn't you come save me? Like you did before?"

Albedo quickly recovered from the shock of being hugged instantly and hugged her back. He rubbed her back in a soothing motion.

"Calm down first, then tell me what happened." He spoke in a soothing voice. Klee climbed onto the bed and hugged the girl from behind.