stargazing

The need to experiment was great in the boy's heart. Experiment, not with life. Not the same things that's interested him for years. But with a girl. The yearn to kiss her, to hold her, to have her be his. It was something he wanted to experiment with. And yet, he restrained himself.

She wants to be with someone else.

Cecilia, my flower. Forget about Kaeya and anyone else who will cross our paths. Don't let them tear your eyes away from me. Even if I cannot act on it, I want you to be mine.

He sighed as she served him a plate of food.

"Is something wrong? I thought you liked this meal?" She watched his face for a response, "I didn't make the portion too big did I?"

He smiles, "of course not. It's perfect as always. I was only deep in my own thoughts."

"Go on and eat. I hope our little trip helps calm your troubled mind."

"Somehow, I don't think it will." Is all he could say. They continued to eat in silence. Cecilia unknowing what to say but full of concern. Albedo simply choosing to be silent; occupied with his own thoughts.

Once they'd finished Albedo looked up to the sky. The stars were out and they seemed to shine particularly bright tonight. Reflecting the way he felt when he was with her. Reminding him of the fluttering butterflies in his stomach. Making him forget about her date with Kaeya.

"Cecilia, look at the stars. They're rather lovely tonight. We picked a good day to come here."

She stared up into the sky along with him. She smiled in awe.

"Why don't you lay back? You'll cause strain on your neck, staring up like that."

She complies and gently lays on her back and Albedo joins her. He figured he'd done enough staring for one day and tried his hardest to keep his eyes off the girl. But he couldn't help himself. She seemed so beautiful as she was mesmerized by the stars. Little did she know those stars reflected what Albedo felt inside. Albedo smiled.

He wouldn't understand how to behave in a relationship. But he knew that he yearned for one with her. He was willing to try and build a relationship with her. A long-lasting one.

"Albedo, do you know any constellations? Like big dipper. I've always wondered where they were."

"Erm, well. Everyone in this world has their own Constellation."

"Oh sweet, so where's yours?"

He points into the sky, "there."

"How do you know it's yours?"

"Mona can see who's Constellation is who's. She told me."

"Everyone has a constellation? How can the sky hold so much?"

"I believe it's only vision users. Although, Aether has a constellation and he does not hold a vision."

"I guess, it's anyone who's been blessed by an archon."

"Maybe you'll make your way up there"

"As if! I'm not from here and I'm nowhere near worthy of an Archon's blessing."

"Don't sell yourself short. Look into the sky, there's plenty of room for you."

She lets out a small yawn to which Albedo responds with, "would you like to go to sleep?"

"No, I want to look at the sky just a while longer. It's so mesmerizing."

Not as mesmerizing as your gorgeous eyes.

She fell asleep not too long after and Albedo stayed laying by her side. She tossed and turned, the ground must not have been comfortable for her. As she laid on her side he took his finger and brushed some hair away from her face.

"How could I have been blessed to meet an angel such as yourself?"

He sighed and sat up, "how could I have let myself feel such things?"

The night passed, and as it did the pair slept not-so-soundly. The next few days went by quickly. They left Starsnatch and moved onto Starfell Lake. Cecilia particularly enjoyed dipping her feet in the water. Meanwhile, Albedo only watched and painted the girl who'd caught his eyes.

It was only three days away from home. The next few days would be spent in Mondstadt. So far, all this trip has done is distract Albedo far more than originally. The constant thought that the next time she saw Kaeya; she'd be accepting his offer. He didn't think he'd be so invested in a girl in such a way.

And yet, here he was.

Head-over-heels.