listening

"It's alright. I'll manage. I'm listening."

Albedo was kind to Cecilia. She respected that. Although, she hoped she didn't become even more attached than she always was. Sure, he was tolerating her now but what about in a few weeks? He'll get sick of it eventually.

Cecilia watched as Albedo worked, his eyes moving from one sheet of paper to the next. Constantly scribbling things. Observing this or that. He was so focused and it was incredibly attractive. Though, maybe it was envy due to the fact she couldn't focus at all.

They seemed to be opposites. I guess it's true opposites attract, she thought. Suddenly, she realized what she said. Even if it wasn't out loud she felt flustered. Albedo wasn't attracted to her, that's just ridiculous! She was merely an overgrown child.

"It seemed you had more questions and yet you've gone silent. Why is that?"

"A-ah! I just got distracted by my own thoughts. Nothing new for me. I was just wondering, who else lives with you? I couldn't help but notice all the evidence of another person's existence."

"Klee's mother. Technically, I'm the one who lives with her. She took me in when I arrived to Monstadt. She isn't around often."

"Ahh so I'm not intruding on you I'm intruding on someone I haven't met yet!! That makes it worse."

"She wouldn't mind. Besides, the room wasn't being used for anything. And now it has a use."

"Still..." she huffed, "oh, so you and Klee aren't blood related?"

"No, I don't have any blood family."

"Man, that sucks. Super cute that you're close enough to be considered siblings though."

Albedo smiles, "Klee is a good child."

"I haven't seen her explosive side yet."

"If you stick around it's only a matter of time."

"If? I'm not going anywhere. So I'll be eagerly awaiting just how destructive Klee can be."

"I fear you won't be waiting very long."

"I can't imagine her being destructive, she's so sweet."

Albedo chuckles, "one would think so."

"Ahhh, I'm distracting you with aren't I?"

"You aren't" he was distracted but not by her talking. It was her entire existence. Even if she'd left the room Albedo would have been distracted regardless. He oughta be experimenting but instead he was pretending read. Trying to study up on future experiments.

"Sucrose hasn't come back yet."

"If you'd like I'll take you somewhere to eat."

"Oh no! I'm fine I can wait or just go by myself."

"Do you know where the Good Hunter is?"

"Absolutely not and you couldn't tell me cuz I'm terrible with directions!" She spoke so enthusiastically it made Albedo smile. "I'm a big girl though, I'll figure it out. I'll ask for help."

"I'll just take you there."

"Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"I'm not making any progress so a break is good."

"What is it you're researching anyway?"

Albedo begins by stuttering, as he wasn't researching anything but the girl by his side. Even then, it wasn't in the way you'd expect from this alchemist. He studied her personality and her interests. He listened closely to when she went on her rants. He researched how he could make this girl happy. There was no scientific benefit to it.

The boy's interest to this girl was enough to make one wonder. Did this Goddess, along with bringing the girl to this world. Also, make it to where the girl's interest would be interested in her as well? Of course, one would never know. As this Goddess kept such things to herself. This would not be apparent to the beings of this world. Thus it can only be assumed the boy was genuinely in love with the strange girl.

Our next portion begins approximately after a month.