the goddess

"I'll be back later," said the pirate. 

"Who was that?" 

"Calvary Captain Kaeya," said Sucrose. 

"Hm," Cecilia sat back down in her chair and hoped to immediately regain her sleepiness again. It didn't work immediately, but as the time passed she finally found herself drifting off to sleep. No one spoke a word in order for here to fall asleep. If anyone had to move around the room they made sure to be extra quiet. Once she finally fell asleep Sucrose began to whisper. 

"I've never seen you laugh so much, Mr. Albedo. You must like Cecilia."

Albedo blushed, "it was a funny situation. Seeing Kaeya be yelled at like that. There's nothing more to it." 

"Then why did you seem so aggitated upon learning of her lover."

"I- I was thinking over the things she said." 

"Mr. Albedo." 

"Yes?"

They stared at each other a moment, a silent argument. An argument Albedo was not winning. Sucrose had known him far too well. She caught onto his behavior rather quickly and he couldn't lie to her, she'd detect the lie immediately.

"It will go away eventually, with time."

"Still, it's odd for you to become so interested in another person, especially in this way. I can tell it's not just for her odd predicament. What is it about her?"

Albedo huffed, he glanced over to the sleeping girl. She seemed so serene, with the way the sun hit her face. 

"Don't talk anymore, you'll wake her up," he said in order to avoid the question.

 Meanwhile, in Cecilia's own mind. She had no dreams but the God knew she wanted to talk. And so, the God came. Cecilia "awoke" within a forest. She didn't recognize it. She was laid down on the grass. Slowly, she got up and looked around. 

"Hello?" She called, to which no one responded. She began to walk around a while. She arrived at a small tent. Sat under was a beautiful woman holding a twig.

"You wished to speak with me?" she asked, but her eyes did not avert from the twig she held.

"Are you the one who appeared in my dream last night?"

"Yes, what of it?"

"I'd like to ask some questions. Starting with; who are you?"

The goddess looked over at Cecilia. "Cecilia is what you're going by?" She nodded her head. 

"Good, let it stay that way. I won't tell you who I am, but I can give you the information you desire." 

"Why did you say I asked to be sent here?"

"Because you did. You had a bad day and wanted to disappear to a world where those problems didn't exist."

"Is Teyvat in a different world from mine?"

"I'll tell you of the important parts of the past; the rest will remain forgotten and you will stay in Teyvat. I cannot undo what I did or your body will be unable to handle it." 

"So it is then... Tell me about my past. Start with the lover I remembered."

"Ah, yes. Him. He left you alone in a broken household. He knew you were lonely and he left you to deal with that. Not to mention, he thought you were annoying."

Cecilia looked down at the ground, she remembered the feelings she felt for him.  He seemed so terrible, and yet he meant enough to her to be the first thing she was able to remember.

"W-what about the broken household?"

The goddess sighed, "I'm a busy goddess, you know. I can't sit here and play 20 questions. When you wake up only some of your memory will return. The rest will stay forgotten, no one will be able to do anything. Not that alchemist or the astrologist he mentioned." 

"I'm okay with that. Some knowledge is better than no knowledge."

The goddess outstretched her hand and Cecilia shook it. Suddenly she jolted awake. 

"I remember." she spoke.