starsnatch cliff

"Thank you for bringing me here." she smiled sadly. 

The pain must have too much for her this time, the happiness wasn't masking her very well. She finished up the crown in her hands and placed it on Albedo's head. He smiled at her. 

"I'll bring you here anytime you ask. No matter how busy I am, feel free to bother me."

"Thank you for being so kind to me. You are aware you can't try to fix the amnesia anymore?"

"Yes, I am. The fact you're from another world however, I hope I'll be able to study you."

Cecilia shrugged and started on another crown. 

"Do you remember what your favorite flower is?" 

"Yes, it's a carnation. I remember my age and my favorite foods."

"I'm listening." 

Cecilia talked on and on for who knows how long. All about her favorite things and her interests. Things that were also an option for her on Teyvat, anything else the goddess kept omitted. Albedo listened, he took interest in her interests. Plus, he loved to hear her speak. He'd never become tired of it. Talking about herself helped her distract herself from her ex-lover. She would eventually have to face it, but for now she needed to be calmed down. The way she spoke before, it seemed as though she was going to burst at any given moment. She tried to distract herself then, but she needed to take a breath first.

"Albedo." she said once finished with her monologue. "Thank you, for the third time. You've been really helpful the whole time I've been here. There's some stuff I won't remember. And some important people I'll never see. Still, forgive me if this is selfish but," she looks up at him. "I'm happy being here. The people here are so nice, I never experienced such kindness back home. And most of all I'm glad I'm here with you."

"Why would that be selfish?" he asks, ignoring her final comment, or he'd become too flustered.

"Ah, just because I'm leaving behind my family and I'm happy about it. Plus, I like being with you which might be selfish because you might not like being with me." 

"That's not selfish at all. Think of it as, you're moving out from your parents house. To another nation where you'd be forced to fall out of contact. People do it all the time, you have to do what makes you happy and if being here makes you happy. Then, this is where you should be. Regardless of if it's selfish or not." He stops and thinks, "oh and it's not selfish to want to be with me either. I like having you around, I already told you." 

"Can I have a hug?" she asked with a smile. Albedo held his arms out and she went in so quick he nearly fell backward. She dug her face into his chest, the affection was enough to break her. She began to cry into him as she held on tightly. He rubbed her back and let her cry. They sat in silence as she cried. "Albedo, it hurts. I miss my family but I can't go back. No one ever paid attention to me. They made me feel bad all the time. I was so lonely!"

Albedo held her tightly, ensuring she knew he was listening. "why is there a diamond on your neck?" Cecilia said sniffling. Albedo chuckled, "why is that important right now?"

"I'm curious." 

"It doesn't matter right now," he pat her head and she pulled away to look at him. He wiped away her tears and smiled at her. She smiled back, he was beautiful. She went to hug him again, this time she took a deep breath and was able to skip the tears. She was a bit embarrassed for it. 

"You smell good."