early morning bliss

Soon they all ended up falling asleep in the same bed. Cecilia and Klee were huddled up to each other while Albedo slept at the foot of the bed. He was first to wake up. He smiled at the two sleeping girls. He caressed Cecilia's hair and kissed Klee on her forehead before setting off to prepare breakfast.

There was no more screaming so he hoped Cecilia was able to rest well. She looked like an angel when she slept. Perfectly worthy of the name Cecilia. If anything the flower wasn't worthy enough to be her name.

Albedo sighed, he wondered if what happened in her nightmare was a real God trying to warn her. He wanted to help her regain her memory. But would that bring her more harm? In doing so the god would be angered. Cecilia had mentioned the nightmare came after a dream of her past. She couldn't see or hear what was going on. She just knew it was her past

This worried the boy, if she continued to dream of her past would the God come and hurt her? Her dreams aren't something she can help. Perhaps, there was still a way he could help. Instead of bringing her memories back to her. Maybe he can suppress them?

Still, it's a horrible thing to know absolutely nothing about oneself. He was unsure of what to do. Both options seemed rather unfavorable. I suppose I'll just ask for her opinion, he thought.

Albedo continued to prepare breakfast for the trio. It was something simple. Not too heavy. But still satisfying. He wondered if maybe Cecilia should take up some form of training. She was incapable of fending herself against a single hiluchurl. It might help should she find herself in such a situation again.

He told her he'd never not come to her rescue. But of course, the way these sorts of things unfold. He couldn't guarantee it. He'd feel better if she was able to fend for herself, at least until he really was able to come to her aid.

Until then, she'll stay within the walls of Monstadt. Here, the knights of favonious can help keep her safe. He moves on to set the table. Upon finishing, he stands there and thinks. He doesn't want to bother Cecilia too much but he would like to find a cause and a solution for this issue of hers. After thinking about it, he sees Cecilia holding Klee on their way to the table through the corner of his eye. He looks over and smiles. He was glad Klee liked her. 

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could've helped with breakfast." Cecilia said while Klee rubbed her eyes.

"You had a rough night, I couldn't bother you for something I'm capable of doing."

"Still, I'm a guest and I already put you through plenty of trouble."

Albedo sighs, "I'm not going to continue to argue with you about this. I'm happy to have you here and what's happened so far has been no trouble."

"But-"

Klee puts her small hand over Cecilia's hand and smiles. Cecilia sets her down and Klee rushes to sit and eat her breakfast.

"What would you like to drink? There's orange juice and water."

"Erm- just water is fine." 

Albedo pours Klee and himself some orange juice and the water for Cecilia. Cecilia watched this early morning scene unfold. It felt domestic, something she longed for for quite a while. All of her feelings about things from the past were still in place. The God seemed to forgive her for remembering those feelings, as long as the events themselves stayed forgotten. She knew, she longed for a husband so she'd be able to have these lovely moments. A husband she would love for the rest of her life. To start a family with. She felt guilty experiencing this with someone she barely knew instead of the lover from her past.

Early morning bliss with a stranger.