distracted

"You're distracted again, Cecilia. I've had my hand outstretched for the papers for quite awhile now."

"Oh! Sorry!"

"It's alright, you're easily distracted. You just need a reminder every now and then; so don't apologize!"

Cecilia giggles and hands Sucrose the papers. The two go off to their own things. Cecilia organized and cleaned, it was a chore she did multiple times a day. The workshop seemed to become messier every second Albedo worked. Although, maybe it was her own sense of time. Seeing as she did get to take many breaks; she even got to come and go as she pleased. She chose to stay most of the time.

As per usual, Cecilia hummed and even danced as she cleaned. Once Albedo heard the humming he looked up at her and watched as she danced around. It distracted him from his work. He'd never admit it, as it'd cause her to feel guilty and stop humming and dancing. However, Sucrose had noticed the decline in Albedo's work. She never brought it up, but it always brought her joy. Knowing Albedo had found someone interesting in a way that wasn't for alchemical purposes.

As Albedo watched her, he smiled. He simply watched in awe. In his hand, something he'd been carefully pouring into a mixture, poured a bit too quickly as he fell out of focus. Once he noticed he quickly tilted the beaker upward. Albeit, a bit too late. There was an acute explosion that caught everyone in the room by surprise. Luckily, it was only a small explosion, resulting in some smoke but nothing harmful.

Albedo coughed and fanned away the smoke. Cecilia and Sucrose rushed over, also coughing.

"What happened?" Sucrose asked.

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"No, I'm not sure. I simply overpoured slightly."

Sucrose and Cecilia sighed. Cecilia sighed more in a relieved way. Meanwhile, Sucrose's sigh was in a different tone.

"Mr. Albedo, you've been incredibly out of focus lately." She said with her arms crossed. "Perhaps you should take a break."

"The walk was my break."

"I think she means a vacation. Several days off work." Cecilia said cheerfully.

"I-"

"Don't finish the sentence! Cecilia and I have decided. Mr Albedo, you need a vacation; I'll inform acting grandmaster Jean right away!"

Sucrose ran out before Albedo could say anything. Leaving Cecilia giggling with Albedo taken aback.

"You decided?" He sat down in a nearby chair and playfully glared at Cecilia.

"Mhm, Sucrose and I had been talking about it the past week." She smiled at the prince. "I would have tried to talk to you about it but Sucrose said it'd be better if you didn't know."

"The both of you...." Albedo facepalmed and sighed.

"Sorry, 'Bedo!"

"B-bedo?" Albedo kept his hand on his face, now hiding the embarrassed look he wore.

"Haha, I'm only teasing. What're you gonna do on your vacation?"

"I'm not sure, seeing as I've had no time to give it any thought."

"You're not allowed to experiment! Sucrose told me to tell you so."

"Did Sucrose come up with the entire plan?"

"She told me it wasn't like you to be so distracted so I suggested the vacation. And since she's known you longer than I have, I simply asked for her opinions."

"For your vacation, I recommend sleep and rest! At home."

"Why is that?"

"You don't get enough sleep! Why else? I've caught you falling asleep at your desk far too many times! You really shouldn't work so much."

"You're allowed to go home when you please. You don't have to wait for me."

"Walking home at night makes me nervous, and that's not the point."

Sucrose silently entered the room and spoke, "acting grand Master Jean approved of your vacation, Mr Albedo!"

"A vacation I really do not need."

"I beg to differ. As your student, I'd like to see you well-rested and not quite so distracted. It is neither healthy or safe!"

"And as your friend I'd also like to see you well-rested!" Cecilia spoke as though she were just happy to be included.

Seeing the two worry themselves over Albedo made him happy. Albeit, slightly annoyed at their sudden decision without consulting him first. Cecilia leaned over to whisper something to Albedo. Which, at first caused him to recoil, but once he recovered he leaned over for her.

"I...." she started, her hushed voice by Albedo's ear made his heart race. "Forgot what I was gonna say. "

Albedo couldn't help but chuckle at that. And Cecilia laughed, "just give me a moment to remember!"

Sucrose watched as they flirted. They might not know they were flirting, but she did. It'd been a month since Cecilia had joined them. Therefore, the excuse "it's only been a day" no longer applied. A small crush was to be expected.

"I think we should tidy up and leave for the day."

"No, I'd like to at least finish today's work before going on this unexpected vacation."

"I'm okay with that if you are, Sucrose."

"I suppose it's alright. But your vacation starts tomorrow!"