Chapter 3

3| just a little envious

You walk through the hall with Hermione as you talk with her and
Ron joins in beside her.

"Hey." Ron says and you both greet him back with a "Hi Ron." Then you receive a kiss on the cheek from your fake boyfriend as he starts to walk beside you.

"Good morning." Harry greets you with a smile.

"And to you too." You smile back. Then Draco shoves past him, hitting him with his shoulder. Harry just shrugs it off and you smile to yourself.

"Blimey, forgot my potions homework." Ron announced.

"Of course you did." Hermione says rolling her eyes as we all walk into the potions classroom. You sit with Harry, per usual, and you start to chat.

"I think my potions studying is really helping." You mention. "I've learned a good bit."

"That's brilliant, Y/N. If you ever need any help, we could study sometime." He offers. You nod and smile at him as you hear chattering from behind you.

"Look at her." Draco scoffs. "Always laughing and chatting with Pottah."

"Draco.." You hear Blaise say. "Are you implying that you.. fancy Y/N?"

You look over to Harry and smirk. He rolls his eyes playfully and continues to reading the book he had in his hand.

"No, of course not.. I jus-" Draco whispers defensively. "Stop questioning me."

Then Snape walks in the room and slams a book on his desk to stop the bickering in the room. Everyone goes quiet.

"The Draught of Peace.." the professor states. "Who can tell me about it..?"
Hermione's hand jolts up into the air while you try to avoid eye contact with Snape.

"Anyone?" Snape asks as Hermione waves her hand around in the air.

"Y/N." Snape says. "Tell me about the Draught of Peace."

Your eyes widen and your heart beats fast. You race through your mind, trying to figure out the answer but your mind goes blank from being caught off guard.

"I- um.." You stutter as he looks at you intimidatingly.

"Hm?" Snape asks.

You open your mouth to express your uncertainty but you get interrupted.

"The Draught of Peace relieves anxiety and agitation." Draco states for you.
Your mind fills with relief as you take a breath.

"..correct." Snape replies. "But maybe answer on your own turn next time Malfoy.." Then the professor glares at you but you just shrug it off and continue your day.

Soon class dismisses and you leave the classroom, Once Draco walks out, you grab his wrist and pull him aside. He looks at you, concerned when he realizes you're about to tell him something.

"Hey." He breathes with a questioning look on his face.

"I- I just wanted to thank you for uh... helping me out back there." You mention as he looks you in the eyes. He doesn't say anything for a few seconds but then flashes you a small smile.

"Sure." He says. Then he nods and gives you a quick wink before he walks away to his group of friends, which includes Pansy. You never really liked her. Although it's mostly because you've always been a bit envious of her. You know her and Draco have a special friendship bond but you also know that she fancies him which triggers your jealousy.

"Y/N!" You see Harry waving from down the hall. "Come on!" You smile and rush over to Harry.

"What's happened over there?" He asks you curiously with a weird look on his face.

"Nothing really." You shrug. "But the plan is working well so far." You smile at him and he gives you a tiny smile back.

You go about your other classes for the rest of the day as usual until it's finally time to head to the great hall for dinner. You go through the doorway and hear your name being called.

"Y/N!" Hermione calls out to you from the Gryffindor table. "Over here!"
You walk over to the Gryffindor table and have a seat near all your friends