Chapter 6

6| Trouble in fake paradise

"Harry!" You shout as you run after him. You catch up to him shortly and you pull his wrist, dragging him into the girls dormitory.

"Harry, what's wrong with you?" You ask sternly while he looks down at the ground with a hurt expression on his face. "The plan worked." You add.

"You wouldn't understand." He mutters, still avoiding eye contact.

"Understand what?!" You ask him confused.

"You don't understand how hard it is to watch you gawk over my rival all day, everyday." He rants

"Is that what this is about?!" You shout, furiously. "All of a sudden you care that I like your rival?!

"That's not the point!" Harry yells. "You obsess over him everyday, while I sit there like an idiot." He starts. "You even wrote about him in your diary!" He picks up your diary and opens it. "Oh Draco! I love him! I love him! I love him!"

"What's your problem?!" You rage, snatching the diary from his hand.
"We had this whole plan set up and I don't understand wh-"

"I'm in love with you Y/N!" He instantly blurts out angrily and your eyes widen.

"W-what?" You stutter, shocked, as his anger starts to fade into a cold attitude as a tear drops from his eye.

"Why do you think I did all of this?" He says, looking at the ground coldly while you look at him with a upset expression on your face.

"Harry- I- I do like you I jus-" you start but he interrupts you.

"It's okay Y/N." He says bitterly while looking you in the eyes. "You fancy me, but you really love Malfoy." Then he looks away and leaves the room, shutting the door on his way out, and before you know it, tears start to stream down your face as you start to notice all the signs you had missed in the past. You lay on your bed, staring at the roof as you hear the muffled party music play from the other room and cry yourself to sleep.

You wake up in the morning to see Hermione reading a book on her bed. You sit up and look at her. She glances at you and looks concerned.

"Blimey Y/N!" Hermione gasps. "What happened to you last night?" 

"Why do you ask?" You say with a sorrowful expression on your face.

"Well it looks like you've been crying and you look terrible." She mentions while she closes her book.

"Thanks." You grumble.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." She declares and she gets up and sits on your bed. "Now tell me what's wrong."

You raced your mind for what you should say but you didn't feel like blurting out the entire truth and having another breakdown.

"Harry and I broke up." You sniffle and Hermione hands you a tissue.

"Oh." She says empathetically. She wasn't the best at comforting people but you were just glad she was there for you.

"Thanks Mione." You weep and Hermione stands up.

"Well." Hermione says confidently. "It won't do you any good to stay in bed all day, we might as well study for the potions test we have on Monday."

"Ughhh." You groan but after a bit of convincing, she finally gets you out of bed.

"Wait, don't forget to get dressed, You look terrible, remember?" She jokes and you let out a bit of a laugh. Then you get ready and walk into the common room with her. After you leave the common room, you head to the library to study. You both take a seat next to each other and pull out your potions textbooks. Then you start reading through them but you could barely focus. You were stuck staring at two ice gray dots through the bookshelf. In fact, they were so distracting you decided to move to the books aside to see what it was. it was Draco Malfoy. He was sitting at a desk on the other side of the shelf and when you moved the books, you could see a clear view of his face. He just stares at you for a few seconds, questionably until Hermione speaks to you.

"What?" Hermione asks from beside you, noticing the odd faces you were making.

"Oh uh- nothing." You start. "Just uh- thought this book looked uhm interesting."

"Oh." She says. Then Draco makes a face that expresses that he's trying not to laugh and you roll your eyes playfully.

"I forgot something, I'll be right back." Hermione says as she leaves the library. Then you walk around the bookshelves to find a different book to read.

"Hey stranger." Draco says as he closes his book and stands up. You roll your eyes and pull a book from the shelf but when you turn around Draco is only a foot away. He puts his hand on the side of your face and you can tell he wants to kiss you so you lean in but before your lips touch, Hermione comes through the door and Draco rushes back to his seat.

"Y/N?" Hermione calls out.

"Over here." You say from the other side of the book shelf. "Just uh- finding more study material."