Chapter 24

24 | self

"I- uh." You speak after literally running into a familiar face.

"my bad." Ron speaks glancing down at the floor. He had a presence of awkwardness. Which really wasn't anything new considering Ron hasn't ever really been a close friend of yours.
"i'll just-"

"why did you try to stop me?" You blurt out. The question had been eating at your brain ever since the night it happened.

"what?" He speaks confused.

"at the party." you say between the multiple seconds of silence that occurred.

"Oh i uh.." He mutters avoiding eye contact with you. His eyes wander across the room thinking of a way to answer. "..harry's my best mate you know?"

"so you wanted me to never find out?" You speak with an upset tone. Thoughts swirled in your head thinking of the what if's. What if you had never found out, what would be of you now?

"look y/n, i've really got to go." Ron says as he rushes past you. "see ya."

You stay silent after the hurried goodbye before muttering "whatever weasley." under your breath as you make your way to your dorm.

You lie in bed staring at the roof. Your heart beats slowly as you listen to the rain hitting the window. The dim room goes pitch black as you close your eyes.

"y/n?" You hear someone's voice near you as you open your eyes and wake up. "you can't just stay in bed all day, you need to eat" Hermione speaks while looking down at your tear stained face. She holds her hand on your arm as you sit up and she takes a seat next to you.

"i don't feel like it." You mutter with your arms crossed around your knees. You put your head down as Hermione attempts to comfort you.

"will you please come to the dining hall?" Hermione asks you with concerned eyes. "you can sit with me."

"i can't be around him right now." You mention. just the thought of it made you wince.

"we could sit at the other end of the table." she offers as you lift your head up to look her in the eyes. You feel better knowing that someone is here for you and cares for you.

"fine." you give in as you get out of bed and wash up in the restroom. You hold your hands under the water and splash your face. Then you grab a towel and dry off before looking at yourself in the mirror. You looked different. You looked less vibrant then you had when you first started at hogwarts. You remember when you first entered the school some years ago, excited to learn about magic and mysteries. Although there are so many mysteries that cannot be solved by powerful wands and magical books. Ones like love, which you start to think you've spent too much time trying to solve yourself.

"Y/n?" Hermione calls from outside of the restroom. "are you ready?"