Chapter 30

30 | always

You haven't heard from Hermione in days. She's been proactively dodging you ever since she confessed her love to you. But so has Draco ever since he found out you kissed Harry.

You're lost in your thoughts until you see a familiar redhead walk by.

"Ginny." You grab her shoulder and she turns around fast.

"What?!" She asks. You can tell she's on her way to a quidditch game by the outfit she's wearing.

"You have something of mine." You tell her. "Give it back."

"Hm?" She asks in a falsely innocent tone.

"Don't play with me Ginny just give my diary back."

"i don't have it." She smirks. "Anymore."

"What the hell Ginny?? who has it?"

"I'm sure you'll find out soon."

"You're joking." You eye her. What is she trying to say.

She shrugs. "You better go talk to your little boyfriend."

"Draco??"

"You're kidding." She scoffs. "No, and it's ridiculous that you even have to ask."

You roll your eyes. "Harry it is then... Oh god, Harry!" You scatter in a hurry. Maybe you can catch him before he reads it. Maybe you can-

You freeze. "Hermione?" You see her sitting on a bench with tears in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

She looks up you and her eyes widen. "yeah." She hastens. "I was just heading to the library."
You can't just watch her go again and again anymore.

"Wait." You grab her wrist and she glances at you but starts avoiding eye contact. "Hermione?" You try to catch her gaze by turning your head. "Look I just really miss you.." You push her hair behind her ear and she catches eye contact with you. "And even if i'm not interested in you in that way, I still want you in my life. You're my best friend."

She sniffles and smiles. "You're my bestfriend too."

"Ugh, I missed you so much." You say, pulling her into a big hug. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." She laughs a little as you separate.

"Listen i've got to be somewhere but let's hang out later okay?" You tell her with your hands on her arms and she nods with a smile before you take off down the hallway.

'Harry, Harry, Harry.' You think over and over in your mind set on finding him. You look all over the halls but then the library finally crossed your mind. You look past and through the bookshelves until you finally get to the back of the library where you see Harry sitting on the floor and looking through your diary.