Chapter 19

19 | always

Draco nudges harshly past Harry's shoulder as he starts to walk away after the incident that happened in the closet.

"What's your problem?" Harry scoffs at him. Draco turns around and stares him in the eye with a look of frustration.

"What's my problem?!" he bursts out angrily. "It's always you, you're the famous one, you're the chosen one, and you always get the girl."

"What do you even mean?!" Harry says back in confusion. This is when you came running up the hall to see the commotion.

"YOU-" Draco shouts out of frustration but freezes when he sees you. His eyes dart back and forth from you and Harry as he fights the tears in his eye.

"What's going on?!" You say and Harry look back and sees you.

"is this about y/n?!" Harry says, seeming to get upset. "you can have her." he says, keep his eyes off of you. he looks towards the ground and mutters "She obviously loves you anyway."

"Harry-" you start to say but Draco speaks up again.

"SHE DOESN'T, OKAY?!" Draco shouts loudly at him. You could see how upset he was. His face was red from the frustration and yelling. He seemed like he could break out in tears at any moment. You hate to see him like this and you feel bad for all the emotional struggle you've put him through.

"...she loves you." Draco mutters with a singular tear falling down his face. He looks at you before walking off quickly.
The look he gave you, the look full of hurt and frustration would be a hard one to forget.

"...y/n?" Harry walked up to you about 20 minutes later. You were sitting on a bench and zoning out when he approached you.

"hm?" You say to him, snapping out of it and wiping a few tears from your eye.
"Oh hello Harry." You don't look at him in eyes, it's been something you had to get used to these past few weeks.

"Are you crying?" He asks you in a seemingly concerned tone.

"uh, no i'm okay." you respond, still avoiding eye contact. Talking to him was rough knowing how upset he'd been with you lately.

"Right." Harry says, gently placing his hand on your jawline turning your head to face him. He makes eye contact with you, taking you by surprise. "So your eyes are just raining then?" He chuckles, wiping a tear with his thumb.

You let out a laugh as he lets go of your face. His hands run down your arm and he gently grabs your hand. "is it true?" He says glancing down at your hand then back up at you. You look at him a little confused so he elaborates. "..what Draco said."

You look at him as emotions start flooding to your head. A small tear drops from your eye as you look down at the ground and nod your head.
He places a finger on your jawline and guides your head back to looking at him.

"I love you too." he says with a slight smile. It takes you by surprise and you go in for a passionate kiss. Your lips touch for the first time in what seemed like forever. You had missed this feeling. This feeling of love you had for Harry that you had almost forgotten.
He plays with your hair as he kisses you intensely for a bit. Soon the kiss slows down and Harry grins as your lips separate. "and i always will." He continues his sentence, causing a grin to grow on your face as well. And as he looked you in the eyes and you looked in his, you knew in the end, it would always be him.